Chapter 9

I stopped my bike in front of a clothing store. It had started raining and I was soaking wet. I needed something to cover myself.

Stepping inside, I looked around. Allies of clothing were everywhere. It wasn't to crowded, so it was easy to get around. You could hear soft pitter pattering of rain on the roof. The wind whistles loudly outside.

I went to one of the open cashiers. The lady there was looking down on her phone.

"Excuse me." I said, waved my hand.

"Yes?" The lady looked up from her phone.

"Do you know where I can find raincoats and boots?"

"Far left of the store." The lady nodded her head slightly.

"Ok thanks." I said and went over to the raincoat section. I walked passed a little girl with her mother. They were wearing matching jackets and boots, holding hands. I shook my head as I continued, running my hand along the tracks of sweaters that I passed. You'll see them soon. I thought to myself. I had never been alone for this long. I wondered if my parents even cared that I wasn't at home with them. Or if they even noticed.

When I got to the raincoats, most things were gone. I found a translucent black raincoat with a hood. It was twice my size, but was the cheapest coat in the section. I didn't find any boots that fit me.

Guess I'll have to deal with wet socks. I thought with a sigh.

After buying the raincoat, I slipped it on and looked at my remaining money. $2.38 was my change. Unless I found more money, I wouldn't be able to afford anything else.

I stepped outside and pulled up my hood. The raindrops against my hood were loud like an engine starting, uneven and powerful. I swung my leg over my bike and kept going after taking a sip of my water.

The sky was grey with angry clouds blocking the morning sun. I heaved out a tired sigh as I started seeing more and more buildings, apartments side by side. I was entering a city. A really big one too.

<><><><>

Libby's eyes shot open. Something was wrong. Her gut told her so. She flung her covers off her bed as she jogged out of her room. She looked across the hall and saw Lily's door open. She looked through the doorway, hand on the door frame. She gasped at what she saw.

"Guys! Get up! Lily's gone!" Her voice filled the halls, every room, and everyone's ears.

<><><><>

I turned right as cars drove by. I stayed in the bike lane, puddles splashing my ankles as I rode through them.

The sound of car horns and tires filled the air as I got deeper into the city. I was lost. I would never get home now. I wanted to see mom again, and Jessie, and dad. I was lonely. The same feeling I had on the first day of school when we moved. I felt isolated, ignored. It was a horrible feeling.

I kept peddling as the storm subsided. The harsh raindrops became soft and welcoming. Rain sprinkled all around me. As I looked forward, something smashed into my hand, another memory in fact. I was somewhere out in the open. The ground was a dark purple against the dark blue sky. Puffs a grey clouds were scattered with the star. Soft raindrops poured against my face as I was pulled backwards. I heard yelling in the distance as I was yanked to the ground.

I blinked just as my bike wobbled sideways and I tipped over onto the nearest sidewalk. I yelled as I got flung off my bike and landed face first into the concrete. My face scrapped against the sideways as I skitted to a stop. I yelled from the pain. Blood blocked my vision in my right eye. I blinked away tears, the whole side of my face burning. I was paralized to the ground in shock.

"Oh no what happened?" I heard a voice.

"Ms, are you alright?"

"Someone call an ambulance!"

"Come on! Help her up!"

"She needs help! Hurry!"

"You're going to be okay."

"Did someone call the ambulance!?"

"Everyone stand back! She needs air!"

A few moments later, sirens blared.

Then, there was silence.

<><><><>

"Matthew!" Hail called. "Look at the news!" Matthew looked up from his phone and jogged into the living room. Hail, Rain, and Lee were on the couch. Their eyes were pealed to the screen. Hail held to remote tight to her chest.

"What's wrong? Something about Lily?"

"Yea! Look!" She pointed to the screen. There was an ambulance and a crowd of people being recorded. I tall man with glasses and a suit had a microphone in his hand.

"An unknown girl had come into the city just this morning. Witnesses say they saw her riding a bike one moment, then smashing her face into the sidewalk the next. The girl is being taken to the nearest hospital right now-" as the man went on, a girl was put on a stretcher in the background.

She had a raincoat on, short brown hair, and her face was covered in blood. Matthew let out a gasp. "Guys! That's Lily!" Mat looked around. "Where's Bryce and Libby? DO they know?"

"Yes." Rain nodded. "They're currently trying to find her location. When we're able to track it, we'll go find her."

Lee looked up, worried. "She stole your bike by the way."

"She WHAT!?" Matthew yelled. "That was a good bike!"

"Mat! Chill!" Hail ordered with a grumpy sigh. "You should be more worried about the fact Lily's out there and we need to find her before they do!" she shot him a glance.

"Hail's right, Matthew. Lily still doesn't have full control over her powers. We need to get her back before she causes any destruction." Rain said.

"What 'destruction'?" Matthew asked, crossing his arms.

"Libby has been running a few tests while Bryce has been tracking her down. Apparently she's super powerful." Lee replied.

"Well, what is she? An Animus? High Flyer? Dream Visitor?"

"Libby's thinking she's a hybrid."

"You mean- just like-" Matthew stepped back a bit.

"Yes, just like Jessica."

Hope you like this chapter. Srry im leaving it at a cliffhanger! the next chapter will come out soon! Hope you like the story so far!

-  Angel <3