Part 6

y/n tried to avoid Zach all night. she was grinding with some weirdos just to stay away from him.

"hey dude, y/n has been ignoring me all night, have you noticed?" Zach asked r/d/n.

"i don't know man, my eyes haven't been glued to her all night like you." r/d/n looked over at her dancing with another guy. "you into her or somethin?"

Zach thought for a second. "yeah, a little."

"but don't you have girl or somethin"

"Kay, and yeah." Zach sighed "it's complicated." Zach signed the bartender to refill his drink.

"is that it?"

"is what it?"

"you're just gonna say it's complicated"

"i mean, i guess." Zach shrugged and downed his whole drink in one gulp.

"nah man, i got told one really good piece of love advice in my life: if you like two people, always go for the second one because if you really liked the first one you wouldn't have fallen for the second." he took a swig from his drink.

"wow" Zach said "i guess i never really thought of it like that"

Zach has never cheated on Kay before, but there was another girl at one point that he really liked. he never made a move cause it wasn't fair to Kay, and the girl eventually walked out of his life.

"i dunno man, what if she's just another fling? then i'll lose Kay forever."

"well do you think it's worth it? i mean. she's pretty smokin."

Zach laughed. "i would try and make a move but she's been avoiding me all night. did she invite me here just to blow me off?"

"i've known her for only tonight, but i can tell she digs ya."