Part 15

Zach came back to the why don't we house, around one in the morning, he and y/n watched the sunset, talked, kissed on occasion, and it was the best night for both of them.

the lights were off in the house, Zach crept in, trying to make as little noise as possible.

suddenly the lights turned on, Zach knew he was screwed.

"Zach we need to talk."

Zach turned around to see Kay with the other four guys. "Kay what are you doing here?"

"i'm here because we need to talk." she motions to the couch. "sit down."

"why? are you guys gonna talk to me about my partying with underage girls? because i don't need that right now i had an amazing night-"

"with y/n, the seventeen year old girl who sneaks into bars with you." Jonah said.

"how did you-?"

"we asked some fans for her instagram and twitter handle." Jack said "c'mom sit down, let talk."

Zach rolled his eyes but sat down on the couch anyways. Kay on one side of him and Jack on the other. the other boys just say around.

"so what's so important we need to talk at one in the morning?" Zach huffed

"well in case you haven't noticed you've been a little careless lately. you've skipped rehearsal, you rarely talk to us because you're always on your phone-"

"you cancelled date night." Kay interrupted Jack.

"-just to sneak out and party with some dumb high schooler." Jack finished.

"y/n isn't dumb." Zach replies sternly. "she's the most real person i've ever met."

"Zach the fandom has been going crazy, everyone thinks that you're cheating on Kay." Daniel said.

"are you?" Kay asked, worry taking over her voice.

"no of course not." he lied through his teeth. "it's just that i have a friend who's a girl who i like hanging out with."

"Zach it's not good for our band, the manager has even reached out to us and told us to talk to you." Corbyn said.

"he told us to tell you to stop hanging out with y/n, it's better for our brand." Corbyn finished.

"is that all you guys care about? our brand? you don't care if i'm having fun? or that i made a new friend? that's just selfish." Zach tried to stand up and walk away. but Kay and Jack held him back.

"we care about you Zach, that's why we're asking you to stop hanging out with her anymore." Jonah said.

"whatever. i'm going to bed." Zach stares at Kay in the eyes. "-and don't hold me back this time." he stands up and walks to the staircase before someone says something.

"if you're going to be this stubborn then we need you stop talking to her." Jonah said.

"and what if i don't?"

"then we're going to have to ask you to leave the band."