Chapter nine

At the hospital...

Peter and May had just got to the hospital from the ambulance and Peter kept going in and out of conscienceness. May was freaking out ;she was happy he was okay short term, but scared that he wouldn't be okay long term. As soon as the doors of the ambulance opened they were met with about 10-15 doctors. It happened so fast on moment they were in the ambulance the next he was being taken away into surgery. May was really scared and had nobody's shoulder to lean on, she was just broken. She didn't know what to do, but just in case, the doctors let her say a possible goodbye to Peter. In case he didn't make it, so she was sobbing the entire way to the O.R. He was already put under and he couldn't hear anything but she could still see his face. She said what could possibly be the last things she had ever said to her nephew.

Through broken sobs May spoke to Peter

"H-hey buddy, it's me... May. I am so so sorry this happened to you, this is all my fault. if I was a better parental figure to you, you wouldn't have gotten kidnapped or hurt or even with a... a... bullet in your head." May sobbed even harder but tried to stay calm. "I love you more than anything in this world. Don't you ever forget that okay?! I will always love you, and if you don't make it through this I'm happy knowing you'll be with your awesome parents and uncle Ben. Thank you Peter for making me a better person and for making this city safer and being the best kid anyone could ask for. I love you so much honey, I hope you'll be okay either way. I larb and love you so so much. Goodbye my love." May tried to stay in a soft gentle tone but just kept crying. She knew either way that he would be okay, even if she wasn't.

After May said her goodbye she went to the waiting room and Peter went in for surgery. She was panicking and scared for Peter when one of the people who cared about him the most called: Ned.

"Hey May it's Ned, I'm just wondering if you found anything new about Peter. I've tried to get a hold of him, but still nothing. I called Tony Stark yesterday- omg I called tony Stark! That sounds so cool- anyway he said that Peter was like kidnapped or something and I've been worried sick about him. So have you heard anything?"

May couldn't even try to resist to hold back her tears, she just let it flow.

"May?! Where are you? Are you with Peter?!"

"Yeah kinda, come to the hospital, I'll fill you in."

Ned rushed down to the hospital and walked through the front doors and saw May crying and ultimately he thought the worst had happened: that Peter died.

"May?! Where is he?! Is he... is he... gone?"

"N-no well he got shot. In the head- but he's alive, for now -that is he just went in for surgery. I don't know if he's gonna make it." May just started crying again, she couldn't stop. It just hurt so bad.

Ned was in complete shock. He couldn't say anything-move anything, or even focus on anything. He just collapsed in a chair and sat there and tried to process what May just said.

Back at Stark tower...

Tony just sat there, on the floor crying. He sat at the place where it all went down. He looked to his left and saw a puddle of Peter's blood laying there. He just couldn't, he did this to him... to them. He just lets people die, especially kids. It's his fault, it's always his fault. If he would have just opened the f**king door-Peter wouldn't be fighting for his life right now. He did this, he always does this. He truly thought of Peter as a son and now Peter thinks he hates him and that he was just using him. He hated this feeling and wished today didn't go down the way it did.He truly did love him like a son. He does love him, and now he thinks he hates him. He truly doesn't know how or if he can get over this, even if he makes it.

Back at the hospital...

(3 hours later)

Peter had just finished his surgery and the surgeon was just coming to May and Ned to tell them the news.

"Ms. Parker?"

"Yes, it's me. Is he alright?! Is he alive?! How's my nephew?!"

"Ma'am please calm down. I have good and bad news. The good news is that he survived the surgery and he is stable now. The bad news is that he is in a medically induced coma, and we are unsure when or if he will ever wake up."

"Umm... thank you. Can I- we see him?"

"He is in recovery right now and is currently being moved to a more secluded private room. Once he is settled in his room, you are absolutely allowed to see him-both if you."

"Thank you so much doctor! Thank you for saving him."

"We might have saved him for now but we are unsure if he will wake up. He can't respond to you right now but we are 75% positive that he can hear you. Any type of encouragement or anything that might help him wake up will have a better chance of him waking up."

"Thank you"

The doctor then got a page and told May and Ned that they were able to go see Peter in his room now. In room 324...