Chapter eleven (finale)

***********

Part 11 finale😱

Peter was laying down and woke up in a cold sweat. His heart was pounding out of his chest, he was having difficulty breathing and was breathing heavy. He was panicked and not sure where he was. He tried to look around but his head was pounding, he just closed his eyes and put his hand to his head for a few minutes.

When his headache went away he looked around, but what he saw was a lot different then where he thought he was.

He was on top of a building.

That was so weird because wasn't Peter just in a hospital dying?

Peter was so confused, he tried to look around more but it was dark out and he was on top of a building. But why was he there? He was in the hospital...he got shot... he shouldn't be on top of a building, so why is he?

"Oh my gosh, I died, oh my gosh, I'm dead and this is heaven. I never thought that heaven would be on top of a building though? Weird."

Peter just tried to make sense of it all but, he just kept thinking was dead. He thought that was the only logical explanation for all of this, I mean wasn't he shot? That's all he remembers, hitting the floor and being told by May that he was going to be okay. He had no idea what was going on, none of this made sense. Was he dead?-

"Incoming call from Mr Stark"

"What?!-"

"Hey kid, haven't really heard from you in a few days and I just wanted to check in and see how patrol was going?"

"Mr Stark?! Wait are you dead too?! Am I dead?!"

"Woah woah woah there kid, are you okay?! What are you talking about?! Who is dead? Did you kill someone?"

"What mr Stark, no. I am dead, aren't I? I mean I was shot right?!"

"Okay kid your not making any sense. I'm coming to your location right now. Hang tight kid."

Tony hung up the call and left Peter alone with his thoughts for a few minutes leaving him even more confused than he was before.

In a matter of minutes Tony showed up on the rooftop in his Ironman suit. He instantly went to Peter and made sure he wasn't hurt or someone else was.

"Okay Pete, tell me what happened. Why do you think you are dead?"

"What... what do you mean? You saw me didn't you?! I got kidnapped remember? Then I had to break into The Stark Tower and the bad guys shot me in the head? and I... I don't know what happened after that... but then I woke up here. Aren't I dead?"

"Pete, I don't know how to tell you this but,  you aren't dead. You never got kidnapped either or shot. You were just at the tower remember? You grabbed your suit and went on patrol and it's only been 4 hours since you left. I... I think you just fell asleep."

He was right, Peter never got kidnapped, he never was tortured, he never got shot in the head. None of those things happened. The truth is...

Peter never left the top of the building that night. He just had a very very vivid dream about getting kidnapped and getting shot. He just was so sleep deprived and didn't get any sleep that his body just shut down and he had the dream about all of those things happened.

"Wait... what? But... but I was kidnapped? I... I was shot? Right? Y-you saw me right? I got shot and I... was in the hospital. How don't you remember this?"

"Pete... I know you don't think this is real, but it is. I'll get May here okay? She'll explain it better to you."

While tony called May, Peter was as confused as ever.

A few minutes later May shows up and immediately runs up to Peter and wraps her arms around him in a warm hug.

"Oh my gosh honey, are you okay?!"

"Finally someone believes me! You remember me getting shot and kidnapped right?!"

"What?! I... -Tony just said to get here as fast as I could-... I thought something was wrong. Tony what is he talking about?"

"May, he seems to have some idea that he was kidnapped and was shot in the head and was in a hospital and was dying. None of those things happened, he just fell asleep on patrol. That's it."

"Honey... you haven't been gone for more than a few hours... I'm sorry hun, Tony is right. None of those things happened. Peter I think you just need some proper rest and a break from patrol and to relax. You have been so busy lately, I've hardly seen you. Your going to come home and just rest. Your also going to take a little break from patrol and being Spider-Man for a while too- Tony don't even try and fight me on this."

"I completely agree, Pete you need a break. Don't worry I actually have someone else who can take over for a bit. It'll be fine, just rest... please."

And he did exactly that, he went home that night and stayed asleep for 15 hours. May didn't make him go to school, not for a few days, she knew he needed a break from everything and he truly did deserve it. Ned and Mj came by the house and visited Peter, they were so glad that he was okay and that he was going to get the sleep and rest he needed. About a day later, Tony came and visited him too.

"Hey kid, how are you feeling?"

"I'm doing a lot better... there's just one thing on my mind- you know what forget it."

"What is it Pete?"

"Well in my um... dream you um said that you loved me and thought of me as a son figure and I guess I was just wondering if that was true or not. It's probably not and it's okay if you say it's not-"

"Kid, I know I hadn't said this to you yet but I do. I do see you as a son figure and I do love you kid, me and Pepper both do."

"You really mean that Mr Stark?"

"Yeah kid, I guess that's the only thing from your dream that was real. I guess you needed to be Gone for a while for me to see the truth. Anyways for the last time, you can call me Tony. You deserve it."

The end☺️