Chapter ten

It's been about a day or so and Peter is still currently in a coma. There has been no recent change in his physical state. Normally with his fast healing, he would be getting a lot better but, for some weird reason his healing isn't helping at all. May and Ned have not left his side at all. If one of them had to go to the washroom the other would stay close with Peter, he was never alone. Tony tried to go to the hospital but May's voice just kept haunting him.

'Get the f**k away from him. You mean nothing to him or me. You did this. We'll never forgive you for this. Leave us the f**k alone!'

He tried so many times to just try and see him, but those words echoed in his mind and wouldn't stop. Along with the painful screams of May and seeing Peter hit the floor and having blood ooze out of his head. He had medical connections at the hospital so he knew about any changes of Peter's state.

Pepper wasn't there at the time of the incident, but as soon as she heard about it, she was in tears. She loved him like a son and having him almost dead... just shook her and scared her so much. She tried to console Tony but he just couldn't function right. He couldn't talk about it and would phase out of the conversation and just stare off into the distance, whenever someone tried to talk to him. Pepper knew May wasn't happy with Tony but she thought she might make it better by bringing some flowers and seeing Peter and checking up on May.

Pepper came into the hospital an hour later, she brought some of Peter's favourite things from the Tower and some of his favourite chocolates, just in case he woke up . His favourite chocolate bar were twix and m&ms. He could literally eat an entire bag of m&ms in one sitting.The real reason Pepper brought the chocolates, is because she just wanted to be reminded of Peter, he would always eat them while he was working with Tony at the tower and she just instantly thought of him whenever she saw them. She was really missing his adorable smile, that he would constantly make whenever he saw her. She just truly wished that he was okay and that he would wake up from this and just be okay.

May and Pepper visited for roughly 2 hours, of course they stayed in Peter's room and didn't leave his side. Ned was told he had to go home for a few hours to get some sleep and catch up on some school work. He was allowed to miss school to stay with Peter but he had to catch up on some homework first. While Ned was gone and Pepper and May were visiting, Tony was at the tower and was trying so so hard to try and visit Peter. He just needed to see him, he didn't know if he was ever going to wake up and didn't know how long it was going to be until something happened. So he decided to try to go to the hospital and see Peter possibly one last time.

Pepper stayed at the hospital until Tony came and tried to keep May calm while he came to check on Peter. She didn't know at first that Tony was coming but when she did, she had a meltdown. She started yelling and screaming at him and security had to come, but since he's Tony Stark, they didn't throw him out but just told him to wait outside the room for a little bit. All May could think of when she saw Tony is Peter getting shot and him hitting the floor and having the blood pour out of his head. She just kept remembering that he said all of those things about Peter, that he meant nothing to him and that he's is and will forever be just Spider-Man to him. Peter looked up to Tony his whole life, even from when he was little he always dreamed about meeting Tony Stark, Peter wasn't as interested in Ironman as other kids, but he loved the man behind the suit even more. And the fact that he got to meet him and work with him and become his kinda sidekick meant the world to him, his dreams came true and he thought that for the first time since uncle Ben died, that he found a new father figure. He was so happy when he heard that Tony thought of him as a son and that if he had the chance he would adopt him.

Pepper tried so many times to try and tell May that Tony really did love Peter and didn't mean those things, but she wouldn't listen, it was too hard for her. All May wanted was for Peter to wake up and be okay, she didn't care if they didn't see Tony again, actually she hoped they didn't.

2 and a half hours later Ned came back and brought an over night bag to stay the night. He also brought his parents and they came and checked on Peter since he was like their 2nd son and they were like his 2nd family. Everyone except Tony and Pepper, she went home to comfort Tony, were visiting and talking and there was no change with Peter, until all of a sudden his heart beat dropped. And when I mean dropped I mean his heart monitor went in a straight line. He was dying, the doctors rushed in and were telling everyone to get out and got a defibrillator and rubbed the paddles together and shocked his chest. After 1 try nothing happened, they tried again and still nothing. They tried one last time and his heart barely got a heart beat, it was weak but it was there. He was going to need another surgery to shock his heart to keep it going because if they don't, it will happen again  and the chance of them getting the heart beat back, would be very slim.

Peter then had an emergency surgery on his heart and he didn't have the best odds going into the surgery, but it was better odds with the surgery then without. He was in surgery for 4 hours and once he was done he went back to the recovery room and was resting in there for a little bit, he survived the surgery but the doctors weren't sure how long he would make it. They were hoping that he would make it but wasn't sure. May decided that since Peter might not make it, that she may as well let him say his goodbye just in case. Tony came down to the hospital and thanked May endlessly then went to talk to Peter. "Hey kid, I know if you can hear me you probably hate me and I just want to say that I didn't mean any of it. I just want to say I'm so endlessly sorry and I really wish I couldn't handled that guy before he shot you and I am so so sorry kid. You truly are exceptional and amazing and I do see you as a son figure and I do love you kid-"

Then he heard it, he was flatlining. Peter was dying and there was nothing anyone could do not even the doctors to save him.