Chapter 8 - Final Test

--------------------

Eylimi's POV:

--------------------

"Hey." I heard a call from my right. I turn to face Hunter. I awkwardly turn back and keep walking as he approaches. "Ready?" He asked.

"Hehe, yeah, ready as I'll ever be." I smile.

"Let's just hope the Thunderdrum goes easy on us." He nudged me.

"Yeah..." I responded awkwardly. We hear the crowd ahead, on the other side of the bridge. We walk across it where we were lifted up and passed over people as they cheered.

"That's my girl!" I hear dad yell as he stands at the front. Before me and Hunter knew it we were at the gates, about to enter the arena.

"Good luck." He said.

"You too." I smiled.

"Open the gates!" I heard mum yell.

"Open the gates!" People passed on.

"Opening the gates!" Gobber copied as he lifted the latch, letting us in. We walked in slowly as the gates closed behind us.

"Release the dragon!" Mum ordered again as the gate was slowly lifted. The gate opened the full way but nothing emerged. There was just darkness, deep within the small cave. The crowd went silent as they stood above. Slowly we saw the purple dragon emerge.

"What the?" Hunter muttered to himself. My eyes widened as wide as they could go as the creature slowly emerged into the sunlight. It wasn't a Thunderdrum.

"What's he thinking?!" The crowd talked amongst themselves as the creature continued to step forward. I thought they said it would be a Thunderdrum.

"Hiccup?!" I heard mum blame him.

"What? I didn't do this!" He said back as he raced to the bars above the arena to look down on me and see if I was alright.

This was no Thunderdrum. This is a Duskclaw. The most stubborn type of dragon existent. A dragon that obeys no one. The species that has never been trained. One of the fastest dragons, just behind a night fury, even faster than a skrill that rides lighning.

The purple beast with two slim but strong wings stepped forward. It's two big, long ears tossed back as it growled. One leg in front of the other as the four legged creature got closer. It's nose sniffed the air. The giant frills on its neck stayed down and its tail wings stayed closed. The spikes on its back, closed staying flat. Hunter suddenly grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me back a bit. The creature had its head close to the floor as it got closer and closer.

Suddenly it stopped and lifted its head as high as it could. It spread out its wings, showing the Dimond design, imprinted on it. The spikes laying flat on its back shot up and it's neck frills opened, it's ears stuck up, threateningly and its tail swung and hit the ground with a bang as it roared a might roar that made the ground shake. I jumped back with Hunter. The dragon made a hissing noise. I pushed Hunter to the ground with a shove as a blast of boiling lava shot above us, melting the gate clear off.

"Oh no." Hunter muttered as I quickly forced him to his feet and we ran.

"SOMEBODY GET IN THERE AND HELP THEM!" Gobber yelled. That was all I heard before suddenly everything went dark, a cloud of smoke laid around me as I was hidden in the arms of Hunter. The people wouldn't have seen. And no one else would know what had really happened. Except me.

Just before the cloud of smoke covered the area, Hunter disappeared. I looked around for him for a glimpse second, when I saw him. He stood in front of the dragon. The dragon looked like it was about to make a quick lunch of him.