Chapter 25 - The Man In The Mask

--------------------
Eylimi's POV:
--------------------

I sat down in the snow not having the strength or the bother to stand any longer. I saw dad who looked happy knowing it wasn't safe for Toothless anymore, but he looked so upset he was about to faint. Mum was also next to him trying to help him breath. He calmed down after a while letting the relief of Toothless being okay settle in his mind.

I continued to sit in the snow. People walked with heads held low around me. They were sad but all joyful knowing they did a good thing by letting the dragons go. It will take us a long time to get used to being without them. I know we are all happy they are safe now though.

I looked over the horizon. Or as I like to see it, the edge of the world. Where the world ends but continues to a greater place. Maybe that's where the dragons went. The edge of the world? I stared at the sight in front of me. Where usually I would see dragons flying I saw birds gliding past. Who knew it would end like this?

I thought to myself for a moment. Where was the idiot that blocked my sword hits? I turned around where I saw him. The masked rider. He stood on one of the roofs of the houses, looking out the same direction I was. He sat and took out a piece of paper. Idiot, probably thinking the dragons can receive mail. I ignored him and turned back to looking at the ocean.

I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. They are probably all getting back on with their lives trying to forget. Who knows, maybe...ow! My thought was cut short as something hit me in the head. I looked next to me where a piece of paper folded into the shape of a dragon laid next to me after whacking me in the side of the head. I picked it up where I began to unfold it. My eyes widened as I read.

--------------------
Vidgrip's POV:
--------------------

"Yep, she just began to read it mate." I told him as he climbed down from the roof.

"I'm off then. My conscience is clear." He replied as he put the mask back on his head.

"Nice to see you again." I sniffed, trying to be manly. He hugged me with a pat on the back before we shook hands. "You really have to go?" I questioned.

"I don't want to make things worse. Make sure she's okay." He muffled through the helmet.

"I give you my word." I replied with a smile as he began to walk past me down to the docks.

"Oh, by the way, sorry about the Raincutter nearly knocking you off Quicksand back at the island." He laughed.

"You nearly killed me!" I laughed back.

"I know." He smiled as he continued on his way to the boats.

--------------------
Eylimi's POV:
--------------------

My heart began to race. I stood up and read it again just to make sure I was reading it correctly. I breathed heavily as the cold air made my throat hurt. But I didn't care. I quickly looked back up to the roof but he wasn't there. No. I quickly shoved the note in my pocket as I ran like the wind. I ran into town where I crashed into Vidgrip.

"Ow! Watch it!" He complained as he stood up, rubbing his head.

"Where did he go?" I asked.

"What?"

"WHERE DID HE GO?!" I ordered as I grabbed him by the shirt and shook him. He pointed to his right, down to the ships. My eyes widened as I let go of him and ran faster than I ever had. People kept calling my name but I didn't listen.

--------------------
Hiccup's POV:
--------------------

I began making my way back to the house so I could have a chance to eat something. Maybe that will make me calm down a bit. Astrid held my hand as we walked through the thick snow. Suddenly Eylimi ran past me in a flash.

"Eylimi?!" Astrid called to her but she didn't respond. Something fell out behind her and landed in front of me. I picked it up and Astrid looked at it as well. I smiled as I began to read the note. Astrid rested her head on my shoulder and looked up to me.

"I knew he was gonna do it." I tried to smile.

"But why isn't he?" Astrid asked.

"Because, he doesn't want to hurt her again." I sighed.

--------------------
Eylimi's POV:
--------------------

I reached the top of the docks as I looked down to the ships below. I saw the masked man begin untying a boat. I wasn't even in control anymore. My legs moved me down the path where I finally reached sea level.

"WAIT!" I yelled but he didn't seem to hear me as he threw a bag onto the boat. I kept running and running until I finally reached the dock the boat was at. The masked rider turned to me as he watched me getting nearer. He stepped back a bit as I didn't slow down. I jumped where I knocked him over and pushed him to the ground.

I pinned him down so he couldn't move. I stopped to catch my breath for a moment. I looked at his eyes through the mask. Please tell me it's true. I put my hands on either side of the mask as he didn't bother to push me off him. I took a deep breath as I pulled the mask away from his head where it left a tall boy, messy dark hair and brown eyes that looked like melted chocolate.

We looked into each other's eyes, not moving a muscle. I was bewildered. How was this possible. The boy now a man below me who I nearly tried to kill. The one staring right through my eyes and into my heart, Hunter.

My heart began to race as I put my hands on his cheeks. My eyes watered as I looked at him. I pulled him into a kiss.

--------------------
Hunter's POV:
--------------------

She kissed me. She forgave me? I thought she would never. I wrapped my arms around her as she let go. She laughed through tears as I wiped them away from her cheeks. She looked over to the boat for a second before pushing herself out of my arms. She didn't say anything before making her way onto the boat and picking up the bag I chucked on it.

She walked over to me before she threw the bag at me. I caught it and put it down because it was heavy. I was going to ask her what she was doing but she threw herself into my arms before kissing me again. She pulled away for but a second.

"Yes." She muttered before kissing me on the forehead quickly. "YES, YES, YES!" She yelled as she hugged me. "I love you." She smiled. Suddenly I relaxed. It's like my heart mended itself.

"Yes you....?" I began to ask what she was talking about but she cut me off. Clearly she drew full attention to the one line on the note I gave her.

"Yes I will marry you!"

--------------------
Hiccup's POV:
--------------------

The note in my hands read;

Eylimi,
I'm sorry for everything I've put you through, this is all my fault, your dad, the dragons, blame everything on me. Including the time I hurt you. I can never apologise enough for that. I only wanted you safe because, later that week I wanted to ask you if you would marry me. I didn't want anything happening to you before it was to late. I never should have stopped you. Maybe none of this would have happened if it wasn't for me. I can never tell you how sorry I am Eylimi, and I don't expect you to forgive me. I think it's better for us if I go. I'll never hurt you again that way. Just know, wherever I am, I love you.
-Hunter