Chapter 18 - Sorry Doesn't Change Anything

I'm warning you now, sad chapter ahead folks.

--------------------
Eylimi's POV:
--------------------

How could he? We are supposed to trust each other. I remember Hunters last words to me yesterday when he tried to get me to answer the front door.

-------------------
Flashback:
-------------------

"Eylimi, please answer." He begged.

"Go away!" I yelled back from inside.

"Please, I'm so sorry Eylimi." He apologised but I wasn't in the mood.

"Sorry doesn't change anything!" I yelled before ignoring any words after and walking up to my room.

-------------------------
End of Flashback:
-------------------------

I sighed as I sat on my bed. Windwalker nudged me as I rewrapped the bandage around my wrist. The terror curled up on the bed next to me before falling asleep. Lazy dragon, all he ever does is sleep. I saw small rings of smoke slowly rise up next to him as he breathed.

I looked back down to my wrist. It should be okay. Just the shock of the fall I guess. I heard a horn blow. They are starting a dragon race now? Really?! I heard it again. I sat up with wide eyes. Then I heard if for the third time. I jumped out of bed grabbing windwalker from next to me as he wrapped himself around my shoulders.

I grabbed my staff resting next to my bed as I slid out the window rather than going out the door. I landed in the snow. Luckily it was a soft landing. Windwalker whined in complaint. I looked up to see a huge mass of dragons covering the sky.

Windwalker ditched me. He stood on my head before jumping into flight and flying up to join the untrained dragons. What is he doing? I ran down to the square where vikings were running around like mad.

"DRAGON ATTACK!" Someone yelled as they ran past me. I ran into the forge where I see dad looking for his shield which is technically also a crossbow, grabbing hook and net thrower.

"Eylimi! They came out of no where!" He said quickly while ducking head under a table as part of the roof caught fire.

"Where's Toothless? Isn't he supposed to be bringing the dragons to the ground?" I asked.

"That's the thing! I can't stop him. He's up on the hill, he's telling the trained dragons to leave!" He stated pointing to the direction of the hill.

"Like retreat?" I wondered as I moved slightly because lava exploded outside the forge.

"No, the dragons are joining the new ones!" He yelled as he picked up his now found shield.

"How are we supposed to train them?" I asked as he ran past me.

"Don't! Just get ours back on the ground!" He ordered as he ran out.

"Oh! I am hurt, I am very much hurt!" Tuffnut suddenly ran into the forge and sat in a bucket of water. "Ah, that's better." He smiled. I'm not even going to ask.

"You heard the orders. Go!" I heard mum yell as the gang ran off with a nod. "Where's your father?" She asked, rushing over to me.

"He just left." I told her.

"Ugh. HICCUP!" She yelled walking out of the forge avoiding a Nadder spike.

"Come on Eylimi, we need you." Gobber ordered, pushing me out of the forge. I ran into the square where I see the hill behind the houses. Toothless stood on top with an arched back roaring, trying to take off from the ground but failed.