30. here for you

I can't go home.

I know I can't go home like this.

I don't want Nick to see me this way.

I pull by the side of the road and take out my phone. I dial the number to the one person I need right now.

"Rachel? Is everything alright?"

"Dad," I say onto the phone. I wanted to keep my voice straight but I'm crying. God. I can't stop crying.

"Rachel, what's wrong?" He asks, his voice alarmed. "Where are you?"

"On the side of the road," I say looking around. "I need you, dad."

"Of course, baby. Send me your location and I'll come get you."

"No, I'll drive. Are you at your house?"

"Yes, I'm here."

"I'll go."

"Okay. Be careful."

"I will," I say then hang up.

I wipe my eyes, trying to clear my eye sight, and then I put the car on drive and begin to drive. Dominick sends me the address which is good because I can't quite remember where it is.

I don't stop crying on my way there. I try many times but fail. I keep seeing Victor on top of me, trying to force himself on me. My mind keeps thinking about what would be happening right now if I wouldn't have fought back, if I wouldn't have ran.

Dominick walks out of the house just as I'm pulling up. I take a deep breath, trying to calm down but as soon as I walk out of the car, my face crumples up and I begin to cry again. I am a mess right now.

He puts his arms around me and walks me inside the house. I don't know how I end up sitting on the couch of his living room. My body feels numb. When I'm able to focus on him, he looks absolutely terrified and furious. I realize that my state probably gives him an idea of what happened to me. The side of my face is still throbbing in pain, my blouse is unbuttoned, and my hair is probably a mess.

"Rachel," Dominick says placing his hands on my shoulders. "You need to tell me who did this to you. Right now." He demands. He's not asking. This is an order.

I can see it in his eyes. I know that if I tell him, he'll do God knows what to Victor. He looks ready to murder someone on my behalf. I also know that the moment I tell him, I will be becoming a little more like him.

Isn't this why I came to him? Because I knew he would hurt Victor in a way I can't? Victor deserves it for what he tried to do to me. I know I won't feel safe knowing that he's free, roaming in the streets. I should have listened to Dominick and Nick when they tried to tell me that he was dangerous. I never thought Victor would be capable of hurting me.

I know I can call the police but then I would have to explain why I was in his apartment. It would make all of this be for nothing. Everyone will still find out about Linda and him and Nick would still find himself in a controversy. There's also no guarantee that he'll stay in jail. I don't trust the system. No. I want Dominick to have him. I never thought I would ever find myself using my father's power for something like this but I just want Victor to go away. I want him to be erased from my life and for it to be like he was never a part of it. I've come to hate him.

"Tell me." Dominick insists when I don't say anything. "Was it Nick?"

I shake my head. "Of course not, no."

"Was it the photographer? Was it Victor?"

The sound of his name makes me cry again. That's all he needs. Through my tears, I watch as he stands up and brings his phone up to his ear. I try to pay attention to what he says but I can't focus. I feel so gross. My skin feels sticky. I am exhausted and tired of crying. I am physically and emotionally drained.