Chapter Eight

Thank you for 800 votes <3

Hoping we can hit some bigger milestones soon...

I appreciate all the love :)

_____

"We can pair up if you want."

Fuck.

_____

Lily was now facing Sienna who sat behind her and had tapped her lightly on her shoulder to ask the question. 

Why?

"Uhm. Okay." Lily made eye contact with me as she pushed her desk towards Sienna's.

There was nothing I could do. I would have to pair up with Amelié. I didn't even bother asking. I just got up and pushed my desk next to hers. Lily and I were now sandwiched between the two girls. 

Perfect.

No words were said as we listened to our teacher explain how we were supposed to work on drawing hills based on the contour maps given. I actually liked Geography, and on a normal day this would be fun and exciting but it was not a normal day. 

The 4 of us stayed quiet as Mr. Adams handed out the exercises and drawing paper. I turned towards Amelié praying that she had somehow calmed down. I highly doubted it.

She looked visibly pissed. The worst part of all of this was that she had not said a single thing. She was not one to ever stay quiet. She said whatever she wanted to, to whomever she wanted to. Anger was the last thing I expected her to keep in.

She grabbed the papers and pencils and started working on the drawing. Still quiet. I could hear Lily and Sienna next to me. 

"Hmm. I think this looks good." I could hear the slyness in Sienna's voice. She was similar to the other girl but she knew how to put on a mask and take control of the situation. Almost two faced. I knew them too well. I would get a massive outburst once we're out of this class. This silent treatment was new to me but I know that it could never last.

Lily replied quietly but I heard the "yes. It looks good."

She's so shy that I think just being in the presence of Sienna was intimidating to her.

She was lucky to have Sienna. I have no faith that Amelié would show her an ounce of politeness or anything close to it. 

I think she would be okay for the next few minutes until we completed the exercise.

My focus was fully on Amelié now. I just wanted to know where her head was at. 

"Hey."

Why the fuck would I say hey. I'm so dumb sometimes.

She ignored me of course. 

I rubbed my forehead. I felt a headache coming.

"Babe. Listen. We're group partners and we need to work on some project together. I agreed to go to her house before you guys made plans last night. I wanted to tell you but it never felt like the right time."

That was partially a lie. I had not a single thought of telling them. I had somehow hoped I would gain super powers to be in two places at once.

She looked up at me. Pushed the papers towards me and smiled.

"I'm done."

Huh?!

"Okay. I trust that everyone is done now. Please pass the papers forward and return to your original seats so we can get on with our lesson for today." 

Mr. Adams. Now is not the time to start the lesson. I'm in the middle of losing my mind.

She stared back at me with a little smile on her face. 

Yeah. No. I'm not letting you control this situation.

"We'll continue this conversation in study hall." I looked at her straight in the face and I could tell she was surprised by the words that had just left my mouth.

She raised her eyebrows and looked over to whom I can only assume was Sienna. I figured she had heard what I said as well. 

I picked up the papers and passed them forward, grabbed my desk and brought it back to its original place in front of her. 

I don't know why but my heart was beating so fast. I think I surprised myself honestly. I never really thought I could 'control things' with these two. I couldn't really celebrate yet because the situation was not under control at all. 

Why are there so many problems when it hasn't even been 24 hours since we started this whole thing. Are we destined to fail?

Nah. I cant think like this when I've literally wanted this from the very beginning. I was hooked in the most unhealthy way possible but if we could talk things out and come to terms with the obvious reality that I needed to interact with other people other than them then I think we could be okay.

My head was spinning. I don't really know how I would start the conversation. There would obviously be a lot of speculations. A lot of questions. I have no clue as to whether I could willingly say "We were sort of a couple" to their faces. I couldn't even imagine the reactions...

Time seemed to be passing quickly. Lily sat next to me quiet as a mouse. The girls behind us had not said a single word. I tried to look over at Lily slowly to see if I could read her face by any means possible. Sienna wasn't as mean as Amelié upfront but she could definitely cause harm, and in the short time that we were paired up, I had not listened to the conversation happening next to me. 

I caught a glimpse of Lily. She was facing straight forward. No apparent emotions. Her face just looked...blank.

I hope she's okay.

Just as that thought crossed my mind, I spotted Sienna's face. 

Why exactly did I look around fully? 

We locked eyes. Her dark brown ones stared deep into mine. For long. Too long maybe.

Am I in a trance?

Well not for any longer. The bell rang and I seemed to snap out of it and turned to face the clock on the wall above the board.

11:00 o'clock.

When did the first period even end? I had somehow completely missed that bell whilst I was in my thoughts. 

I began putting my shit together because I had no plans on upsetting these two anymore.

Lily got up almost immediately as we were dismissed and made her way out of the room without a single glance at me. In that moment, I felt like shit. I was the only reason this had happened to her and I would definitely make it up to her. That would have to wait though. I knew where my priority was right now. 

I finally packed my stuff and slung my backpack over my shoulder. I turned towards the girls who were still seated. Clearly waiting on me I assume.

They stared back at me.

"We need to talk."

No response. They both got up and I followed them out of the classroom...as I always do.

This should be fun...

____

Feel free to support me! (not exactly free lol)

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/undefinedm

(link is also on my my profile for ease of use <3)

Love you

xxx