Chapter Twelve

I wiped my shoes on the door mat and followed Lily inside towards the kitchen.

The home hadn't changed much from when I visited but I could tell there were additional décor.
I did notice that it was very quiet. Meaning that no one was home and we were definitely alone.

Ugh...I swear I can't control my dirty thoughts even if I tried. I was already imagining her up on that counter...

See! My brain just does this thing on its own.

~

"Do you still love lemonade?"

"Huh?" I had drifted into a different world.
She stared back at me probably trying to guess what I was thinking.

"Lemonade...my mom went out to get like 5 different brands. She couldn't remember which was your favourite." She stood with door of the fridge open and giggled.

She really is cute. I think I can say that my friends are cute. Nothing wrong with that.

"Yeah I still do but I drink any brand as long as its extra sweet." I smiled back her.

"Seems like your sweet tooth isn't going anywhere. But you somehow dodge cavities and have the best smile ever."

We were now sat on the stools at the island, knees brushing against each other. She pushed the glass bottle towards me slowly. My eyes followed her movements.

I grabbed the cold bottle and took a sip.

"You seem to have quite a good memory. Or maybe you've just been staring at me lately." I turned to see a very red face which she turned away as soon as we locked eyes.

I laughed a little. "I guess its both then. I'm honoured if I'm being honest."

She still said nothing.

"Maybe we can get this started. Should we head upstairs?"

She stood up and walked past me to the stairs.

~

We had been working on the assignment for about an hour. She sat on the edge of her bed whilst I sat on floor in front of her. We had made a structure so far and were both separately working on our own share. I didn't have much to say honestly so we sat in somewhat of a comfortable silence. But of course Sienna was the one with something to say.

My phone had vibrated a couple times but I had ignored it obviously. I'm someone who thinks that if its an emergency and you really need to contact me then you would just call.

And Sienna was in fact calling me now.

"I'm just gonna answer this real quick." I smiled at Lily and she nodded back.

Before I could even say hey, I was already being yelled at in a different language. I couldn't even understand what she was saying but at this point I wasn't too worried. It was Sienna. When was she not throwing a fit?

"Ohhh okay. I see. Can I get the English version now?"

"This is serious Rikki! I've sent you like 100 texts."
I checked my notifications and there were like 20 in the group chat.

"100 texts. Definitely." She scoffed and began some rant about how I needed to constantly check my phone when I wasn't around them. Which, I'd like to add, is only when I'm home.

"Uh huh. What was so serious again?" Lily giggled and I looked over to her. I had somehow forgot that she was sat directly in front of me and I was in her room, in her house.

"Who's giggling?"

...

"Why is the bitch giggling?"