𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 1

When my friend Callie asked me to attend a small gathering with friends from the school she used to go to I didn't expect it to be a raging party. She pulled me through the crowd of sweaty teenagers under the influence of alcohol, quickly introducing me to people I knew I wouldn't remember the names of. For an introvert like me, it was basically hell. And while she wasn't looking I began planning my escape. 

"Hey Cal, I need to take a bathroom break," I raise my voice over the blasting music. 

 Callie's pink hair flopped as she swung around to face me. "Yeah sure B, just make sure to lock the bathroom when you're in there! Better safe than sorry." 

I give her a thumbs up and head in the direction of the bathroom. When I know she isn't looking I take a sharp left turn, making my escape into the backyard. There are still people outside so I head to the side of the house where I know people are less likely to go. I lean against the side of the house and take a deep breath. I feel guilty for standing Callie up like that but I'm not as outgoing as her, she doesn't understand how draining it is to be in a house packed full of loud and obnoxious people. 

"Hey," I hear a female voice say next to me, bringing me out of my thoughts, "I see you're hiding away from the drama too."

 I look up to see a dark-haired girl with red lipstick. She's wearing a tight black skirt and an equally tight crop top that brings out her assets in all the best ways. I can't make out the colour of her eyes with the dim lighting but she must have dark coloured eyes. 

She's absolutely gorgeous.

"Drama?" I ask, generally not knowing what drama she could mean. Besides the underage drinking. 

"Yeah, some girl just caught her boyfriend snogging some other girl. Started yelling and causing a scene," She explains. 

How did I miss that? 

  "Oh, I didn't even notice that. I just don't like crowds." 

"Me neither." She leans against the side of the house facing me and giving an intentive stare. I dart my eyes away from her so I don't seem creepy staring at her chest. I don't know what's wrong with me, it just happened. 

After a moment of silence she speaks up again. "So you must be someone from Callie's new school." 

"Yes, I'd like to think she's a good friend of mine. Do you know her well?"

"Not particularly. I sat with her at one point during junior year. I don't have a specific crowd of people I stick to, I like to move around but her group was one I stayed in a while," She explains. 

"Oh."

I don't know what to say or where to look for that matter so I just stare down at the ground awkwardly for a while. 

"You really don't say much, do you?" She says with a playful tone. I look up at her and find her grinning at me. 

"I suppose not."

I notice my palms getting sweaty as I steal quick glances at her. God, why do I have to be so socially awkward? 

 "What's your name?" She finally asks, breaking the torturous silence. 

"Brooke."

I turn my head to look at her and find that she's already looking at me. Her intense stares are only accelerating my nerves. I don't think I've met anyone quite as intense...well besides Callie. But it's different with Callie because she's basically an open book. But this girl has an edge about her, she's mysterious and gives off a dangerous vibe. 

"So what's your name?" I ask her.

"That's not important..", she says, coming slowly towards me. Uh oh. 

I hold my breath as she brings her face right up against mine, looking down at my lips and licking her own. I should be scared, I should run back inside away from this stranger. That would be a rational decision. But right now my brain isn't capable of thinking rationally as I look up at her. Her perfect lips, angelic yet devious face and her lust-filled dark eyes. I feel hotness between my legs as her face comes closer to my own. I close my eyes, anticipating what's to come. 

It doesn't come. 

I open my eyes and find that she's retreating to her previous spot as if nothing had just happened. Well technically it didn't, I remind myself. My face immediately turns a bright shade of red as I realise that I just expected her to kiss me. After we literally just met. 

What the hell is wrong with me?

"You really thought I was going to kiss you, huh?" She asks with a smirk. 

At this moment I want nothing more but to just disappear. 

"Oh I know girls like you," she continues while inching closer ", acting all innocent in front of everyone...but when the lights come off you're not mummy's little angel." Her hand reaches across to touch my thigh which luckily is protected by my jeans. 

I immediately reach down and move her hand off me.  

"Oh you must have mistaken me...I'm not-" I begin but am cut off.

"Gay?" 

"I'm not gay," I clarify, avoiding the previous statement she had made. 

"Keep telling yourself that." 

Excuse me? What the hell is wrong with this girl? She comes in here trying to kiss me and now she's determining my own sexuality for me? 

"It's not any of your business," I say with a harshness that surprises me. 

"As I said...you're not mummy's little angel. Keeping trying to act innocent but you're not fooling me," She says, smirking smugly. 

I have no clue who this girl is but it's about time I find out and explain to her that I'm not lesbian nor am I the person she is making me out to be. I haven't done anything promiscuous in my entire life. 

 "You never told me your name," I point out calmly. 

"It's none of your business," She scowls. 

I feel my face reddening yet again, this time more with anger than embarrassment although both are present. 

"You're the one that tried to kiss me even though I'm not lesbian!" I say accusingly. 

"I never tried to kiss you, the desperation is really rolling off you at this point. Try saving some of that for pornhub, I hear they're looking for some innocent-looking whores."

My jaw drops open at the sudden venom and vulgar language dripping off her seemingly perfect lips. 

"I..." I try to say something but it doesn't come out.

"You what? Cat got your tongue or something?" She smirks maliciously. 

I feel a sudden pain in my chest and I fight the need to cry. The last thing I want is to cry in front of her, that would be the icing on the cake. She'll probably take pleasure in seeing me hurt from what she said, I don't want her to have the satisfaction. 

"Enjoy the rest of the party," I tell her softly and walk off quickly so she doesn't have time to respond. 

I don't want her to enjoy the rest of the party, I hope someone ruins it for her like she ruined it for me. 

I fight tears as I make my way inside. 

~

Wooo first chapter! Thank you for reading and please please please vote, comment and share!