𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 13

The image above is what Theo's dress looks like in the later parts of this chapter

***

Brooke's POV

It's been almost two weeks since I have been returned to my home by Fayne. I haven't been at school, my parents watch my every move as if getting kidnapped was somehow my fault and my brother thinks I'm made of glass. Honestly, the most disturbing part is how careful Jaden is around me now. It's like he expects me to shatter into a million pieces any second.

I've been trying to reach Fayne through my new phone that Callie bought me. She felt bad for not going after me that night and I had to accept it or she wouldn't stop going on about how sorry she is. Plus I did need a new phone.

I haven't been able to get to Fayne for days. You'd think that someone who saved you from a kidnapper would be better at answering their phone.

"Knock Knock, do you want anything from the store?" Jaden says as he barges into my room. So much for knocking.

"No." Truth be told I haven't felt hungry since I got back. Eating is a struggle.

"You have to eat sometime sis. Come on, I'll get you junk food," He says as he sits at the edge of my bed.

I haven't left the house since I got back. I've spent my time mostly in bed and watching Netflix on my laptop. I would usually be happy to stay in bed for a long amount of time but it feels so different now. Everything feels different and foreign. I wish I could get answers as to why it happened to me but in order to do that I need to talk to Fayne. She's the one that gave him something in return for me...like some kind of animal.

"Get me Oreo's and I'll be good," I tell him and his face lights up. He's glad that I finally gave in and he can do something for me, even if it is just something as simple as getting me food. It's so easy to make him happy.

"Sure thing kiddo."

He stands up and leaves in a simple stride while I'm left in my bed cuddled in the arms of my favourite blanket. It's been a lonely couple of days. Not that I'm alone, it's just that Callie can't be here for long with school going on. And my brother is great but since the whole ordeal he doesn't know how to act around me and it's had an awkward effect on our relationship. Being stuck here alone with no one that understands is a nightmare. And yet I'm not ready to go back to school yet. The thought of being stuck in a building with hundreds of people gives me shivers.

At least I feel safe in my room.

***

Fayne's POV

Staying away shouldn't be hard, right? I mean I've known Brooke for only a few weeks and it's not like we spent a lot of time together. And every time we did see each other she ended up hurt because of me. I'm bad for her, I know that. Maybe I'm a bad person too. But for once I'm trying to do the right thing.

She's been trying to call me, how she got my number exceeds me. To take my mind off things I've been spending more time with members of the gang.

There are so many misconceptions about us. People assume we kill innocent people and run puppies over for fun, that's all they see. But what they don't know is that we protect. We have people in our gang who are on the run from black web trouble, targets of hitmen and people who have nowhere to go after prison. We take them in because there is safety in numbers but also because we're a community that supports each other. There are times where members get into legal trouble but they know to keep their mouth shut no matter what. Some go rogue too but they know not to mess with us. We protect but from time to time we kick some serious ass. We have respect.