𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 5

"Sadly it's nowhere to be found," Callie says, referring to my phone. 

It's the afternoon now, I managed to get some studying done but for the most part I was anticipating Callie's visit. Much to my dad's disapproval, I took it upon myself to coax him into it and it miraculously worked. Not that I could text her to warn her about my dad's wrath anyway. 

"I'm screwed! Someone took it Callie," I whine. 

"Well were you in any close proximity of anyone?" She asks. 

"Duh, it was a party with like everyone from your old school. Everyone was in close proximity." 

"I mean...like extra close?" She raises her eyebrows. 

Oh she can't possibly know, can she? 

I can't let her know about me almost getting sexually assaulted...that'd make me look like I'm weak and she probably wouldn't invite me to another party for my own safety. I don't want anyone to treat me like a child, especially my best friend. 

"Well yeah...this girl and then this guy," I say dumbly. 

"Wow, that makes it so clear," She giggles. 

"I'm socially awkward," I defend and throw a pillow I was leaning against at her face. 

"Hey, watch the moneymaker!" She yelps as she dodges the pillow. 

"The moneymaker? Resorting to selling your face for money now?" I fake gasp for extra effect. 

"Shut up." 

I loved the playfulness of our friendship. Despite it only being a few months, I really did feel as if I knew Callie my whole life. I've never had that before. 

Maybe I should tell her about the rude girl I met at the party. 

"So when I went to the bathroom...I didn't really go to the bathroom. I felt anxious and needed fresh air, I'm sorry," I admit. 

"Hey, I get it. I may not feel anxious like you do but I do get that sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward." 

"Yeah exactly. So while I was outside this girl came up to me. And honestly it was a really confusing experience but she ended up insulting me after I rejected her advances," I say while trying my best not to get teary-eyed. 

Honestly I'm such a cry baby sometimes, I can't help it. I'm not usually this emotional after an awkward encounter with someone but for some reason this girl left a lasting impression...more so than the guy that nearly sexually assaulted me. Which is weird to say the least, but maybe it was because I was really drunk and I still can't remember any clear details about the encounter. 

"Let me guess...she had dark hair, brown eyes, about 5'10 and dressed like a conservative stripper?" 

So she had brown eyes. 

"Um...yeah, do you know her well? She said that she sat with your group for a while." 

Callie's usual bubbly face turns serious and I swear I could see her face turn paler, even under the makeup she wore. 

"B...that girl is trouble. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she was behind the disappearance of your phone. She does sketchy things..." 

I want to question her further but I'm worried it'll hit some kind of nerve. Callie generally seems scared of that girl...which is something that is really worrying me. Callie is friendly to everyone. 

"What's her name?" I ask, curiosity getting the better of me. 

"Her name is Fayne."

The name Fayne seems dainty and sweet, however, Fayne is nothing but mean and apparently dangerous. Definitely not the name I expected to hear...yet I can't help like it.