𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 6

*What Fayne in wearing in this chapter, however, it is not what she looks like*

When I rang the buzzer outside the security gate I half expected men in dark suits to come and escort me inside and then hold me hostages or in the very least guard dogs to appear out of nowhere and start snarling at me. Those things, however, did not happen. 

To my surprise, a young woman answered my call. 

"Blackwood primary residence, how may I help you?" The young woman's voice seemed bubbly and cheerful yet professional. 

"Uhm hi..."I awkwardly begin, "Does a Fayne live here?"

"Sure does. What's the nature of this visit? Are you in Miss Blackwood's logbook?" The woman's voice bombards. 

Uh...what? Is she the daughter of a politician or something? Surely these sorts of security measures are not taken in an average household. Not to mention that the building seems to be made of beautiful limestone, with simple glass windows, giving the whole place a very sophisticated look. Who is this girl? Either way...I am starting to regret my decision to come here. This is already out of my league and I'm not even inside the residency. 

"No...she's not expecting me. I've never been here." I add the last part in a rush for some reason. 

This is not a good start. 

"I'm afraid I can't let you in until I receive further instruction from my superiors. Please wait at your current spot, I will inform you if you are eligible to enter."

Yup, this was a very bad idea. 

I turn back to find Callie and Arel watching me intently from Arel's silver KIA Rio. I have to admit he owns a durable car...perfect for making a getaway in case things go south. And by the way things are going, I might just have to make a run for it. I grimace at them to indicate the way things are going and I make a turning motion, hoping that they'll understand that I want them to keep the engine running. Arel gives me a thumbs up and I sigh in relief. 

I must have been waiting for what felt like 10 minutes until finally I hear the woman's voice again. 

"Fayne Blackwood will meet you outside." 

My heart drops. She what? 

Fuck, I did not think this through. 

How crazy must this look? A girl you met at a party that made you lose your temper for some reason just shows up at your super expensive high-security home like some kind of lost puppy tailed by two other eccentric puppies cowering in a getaway car.

What an idiot I am. 

My heartbeat speeds up in a combination of anticipation and nerves as I wait for her to come meet me. 

What is she going to do to me this time? 

 When I do spot her through the fence I can't help but notice her beauty in the daylight. Her dark brown hair forms a shiny glow at the top of her head like some kind of natural crown, the rest of her hair falls to her shoulders in light natural curls which compliment her perfectly. Her dewy lips are a beautiful shade of pink, enhanced by what looks like clear lipgloss and I can't help but let my mind wonder how they might taste. 

Ugh wtf Brooke, get yourself together. 

But it's no use when I notice what she's wearing. Her perfect lean but curvy form is brought out in the black lacy crop top she is wearing along with the snug dark grey jeans that end at her hips. In an attempt to cover herself from the chilly breeze of the later afternoon she must have thrown on the battered leather jacket that seems to be two sizes too big on her. 

Honey and spiceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें