Types of Witches

DIANIC WITCH
Dianic witches practice the most feminist of all witchcraft practices. Followers of Cult of Diana are all women, yeah that's right no men allowed. I'm sorry men. Dianic witches worship the Goddess through all three of her aspects. (Maiden, Mother, and Crone.) Rituals and worship do vary, but all have feminist aspects and have come from a feminist standpoint.

ELEMENTAL WITCH
Elemental witches study and practice the four elements. (earth, air, wind, and fire.) Their work is based on honoring each element. May have an altar for each specific element. Elemental witches call on the elements when casting spells and performing rituals, and may even have an element that they personally identify with and work towards finding.

GARDNERIAN WITCH
A Gardnerian Witch is a person who follows the belief system of Gardnerian Wicca. Gardnerian Wicca is hierarchical system that consists of a high priest and priestess as well as various initiations. You can only be a Gardnerian Witch when you have learned your specific traditions and have gone through proper initiation.

SOLITARY WITCH
A solitary witch is someone who performs spellwork and rituals alone and without a coven.  This can be by choice, or cause they just haven't found or can't find a group of fellow witches they would like to work with.  A solitary witch can incorporate different paths based on their interest.

ECLECTIC WITCH
An Eclectic witch is someone who gathers things from various witchcraft traditions for their spellwork and rituals.  They rely on a many different cultures, beliefs, and systems to form their own personal witchcraft practice which may change and evolve over time.

TRADITIONAL WITCH
A traditional witch is someone who takes a historical approach to witchcraft.  They look at old grimoires, witch trials, various witch lore, and historical accounts to lay the foundation for their own spells and rituals.  Often traditional witches focus on working with the nature and history of the place they live and may work with the genius loci, or the local spirits.

HEREDITARY WITCH
A Hereditary witch is someone who was born into a family that practices witchcraft.  Usually their knowledge is passed down through generations and each family may have their own traditions and belief system. 

SEA WITCH
A sea witch has strong ties to water and the ocean and uses that element often in her practice. Will often use sand, shells, driftwood, or other elements that come from the sea or beach. Sea witches feel connected to water and anciet folklore.

HEDGE WITCH
A Hedge witch works with the liminal spaces and the spirit realm.  A hedge witch may be skilled at crossing that boundary through practices like astral travel.

KITCHEN WITCH
A kitchen witch enjoys making their home and surroundings a sacred space.  They often like to incorporate witchcraft with their cooking and put their energy and focus into to the food and the meals they create.  They care deeply about the ingredients, and may have their own herb and vegetable garden.

GREEN WITCH
Green witches are very much nature based.  They are more likely to be in-tune with the seasons then most witches and often use natural materials to create their own magical tools.  They perform rituals and spells outside in nature.

COSMIC WITCH
A cosmic witch incorporates astrology and astronomy into their witchcraft.  They follow the alignment of the planets and they often coordinate their spells and rituals based on the location of the planets and the moon.