Chapter 2

Xiao Zhan was stressing out a lot. The starting of his last year in the university and serving as the Student Council President is tough. The need to wake up early and be in time for school was tiring him out. It's honestly not his choice to be president. In fact, the people were the one who wanted him to lead since he's very easy to approach and get along with.

No one really disliked Xiao Zhan, even if some did, they'll totally change their minds if they talk to him in person. Sadly, this never applied to a certain person.

"Yibo! Why are you so cold with our council president?" Seungyoun asked the other man as they walk along the hallway.

Wang Yibo looked at him with a stoic face and said, "Aren't I cold with everyone?"

"Ah- But you're colder to him and gosh I didn't mean to offend you buddy. You're a pretty nice guy, you know."

Wang Yibo said nothing and Seungyoun didn't say anything else and took Yibo's silence as an agreement.

• • •

"Pres! Xiao-ge!" Mianmian's voice rang across the room and hurriedly went in front of Xiao Zhan with a pile of papers in her hands.

"What is it Mianmian?"

"Professor Su said we should arrange these last year's test papers, so the freshmen can use this as reviewers for later. She needs it ASAP."

"Is that so? Well, let's divide the work and arrange them accordingly," Xiao Zhan replied and set aside the papers in his desk.

"Ah, about that. I can't help right now, since my little sister is having her recital this afternoon. I'm so sorry Xiao-ge."

"But I seriously need you here Mianmian," Xiao Zhan sighed and continued, "besides, you're the secretary after all and you're the fastest in fixing paperworks. But since you're busy today, you can go."

"Thank you so much, president! I'll be right back and tell the others to help."

Xiao Zhan nodded in agreement and Mianmian stepped outside the door when she suddenly flinched as if she was startled with something or someone.

"Mianmian, are you alright? What's wrong?" Xiao Zhan asked worriedly and tried to peek what's outside.

"Ay-ah! It's n-nothing. I just hit my toe, that's all! Goodbye!" Without waiting for a reply, she left with the door shut leaving a confused Xiao Zhan about the situation but he didn't mind it too much and continued to work on the remaining papers he was working on earlier.

Eventually Mianmian came back with the others and left the test papers in their care. Seungyoun checked the attendance, everyone was present except for Mianmian and Wang Yibo. Seungyoun was a bit worried with his best friend since he became more quiet than usual. "So Mianmian and Wang Yibo are the only ones who aren't present at the moment?" Xiao Zhan frowned at the vice-president's absence. It's not that Wang Yibo doesn't do his responsibilities, he just prefers to do things alone. That's what Xiao Zhan noticed when Wang Yibo was new at joining the student council, in fact, being a vice-president.

Even if Xiao Zhan talked to him, he'll probably give him the cold shoulder.

"Psst, wasn't Yibo's mood got a bit more darker today?"

"Right, I was scared when I told him to go to the council room to help but he just gave me an icy stare and walked away."

"Yeah! I walked passed him earlier and was about to greet but I felt like it was too awkward."