Chapter 12

As the two of them walk around the campus with the president having a tissue stuck on his nose to stop the blood from flowing out and the vice-president having a band aid on his bruised lower lip. The most eye catching sight is that their hands are handcuffed together with a frown on both of their faces.

Everyone would look at them and chatter. Eventually, the whole school found out that they're handcuffed together as punishment. Xiao Zhan wanted the ground to suddenly swallow him, sadly that's not gonna happen any time soon.

The shame of walking around with a person you dislike is stuck by your side is one of the things Xiao Zhan didn't wish for. It is really unfortunate. Even the scortching heat of the sun wasn't helping the president's feeling at all. The both of them didn't even try to talk or just even make small conversations. Heck, they weren't even looking at the same direction. Sometimes their hands would brush against each other and they'll immediately pull apart. They'll end up arguing about getting too close. It was obvious that there is still an angry tension between them.

Upon arriving at the field, there were different booths displayed. Students and visitors are roaming around. Some were playing games, buying food or purchasing cheap things for sale.

As they walk through the crowd, people would turn their heads and look at the two council members locked together. Xiao Zhan sighs and slightly glances at the vice-president who is looking straight ahead with a stoic face. He seems too bored to care at the people surrounding them.

It was like back then, when Wang Yibo was still a first year. They don't talk at all and they would try their best to avoid each other. The situation as of the moment is quite similar.

They approached a booth with blue streamers hanging and aquatic designs inside the tent. A group of girls are facilitating a certain game. The president and vice-president went inside quietly.

The tent is decorated with printed aquatic animals hanging on the ceiling, there were also hand sewn handkerchiefs and pouches to be sold. Xiao Zhan smiled at the preparations. It seems that they really did a lot of effort despite being a volleyball group.

"How are the games going?" Xiao Zhan asked with a smile to the captain of the girls volleyball team. "It's going pretty well, president. The students seem to be having fun with the water guns," she said as she pointed outside at the group of students having a water fight. Anyone can join since the school is open for people to enjoy the celebration. Also, there are also prizes to be won. "That's good to know, did Yu Bin and the others gave you the prizes?"

"Yes, he gave them to me this morning," she said with a nod.

Mei Ming, the captain, then glanced at the president's and vice-president's hands bind together. "Mei Ming, you don't have to make it too obvious that you keep glancing," the president said with a defeated sigh and the captain immediately replied, "Ah gosh, so rude of me, I'm so sorry pres," she bows but the president stops her. "It's alright, who wouldn't get weirded out about this? We weren't even registered in the jail booth."

Mei Ming just gave a light chuckle. "Have fun at the festival, president," and with that she gaves him a wink and walks off to her teammates.

"See? That's how a good person acts," Xiao Zhan complains under his breath and drags Wang Yibo to another booth. Yibo didn't say anything and just sent him a light glare.

"We can't visit all the booths today," Yibo says. "Then let's achieve the impossible, right?" Xiao Zhan said and rolled his eyes.

"I need to be at the kissing booth," the vice-president says and the president came to an abrupt stop. Wang Yibo saw how the president clenches his fists. Another punch? Yibo thought indifferently and sighs. "We'll visit that the last, if it makes you feel any better," Yibo suggests, "I can't decline my participation or Wooseok will have my head."