Chapter 27

"So you never really told me what happened..." Zhuocheng said as both of them walked together side by side. Xiao Zhan pursed his lips slightly as he looks at the road ahead of them. The sun was near to setting and they were both on their way home. The cars passing by and the wind breeze were the only noise around them.

Despite staying for one night at Yibo's, Xiao Zhan can't just live there. Besides- He's sure that he'll be a bother to the vice president. Sure they got along but Xiao Zhan feels like something wasn't right.

Zhuocheng never really asked why it was a must for Xiao Zhan to stay over at his place for a while. So with a short shaky sigh, he whispered,"You still remember Zue Fai?"

Wang Zhuocheng stopped walking as he heard his friend's question. Xiao Zhan paused from walkting too and turned to face him. "Don't tell me you're-"

"I am, Zhuocheng," he tighten his grip at his shoulder bag. Damn he was getting anxious all over again. His heart was beating too fast that he can hear the pounding in his ears. He felt like throwing up. What will Zhuocheng say? Will he push him away since he felt disgusted? Will he stop being friends with him? Will he-

"Trust Wang Zhuocheng, he's your best friend ever since you were kids. He'll surely listen and won't turn a deaf ear on you."

"How are you so sure?"

"Because I'm your friend and yet I didn't push you away, Zhuocheng's your best friend so he'll be a million times better than me. Have faith in him."

Lost in thought, he was suddenly engulfed in a warm embrace that he didn't know that was coming. "Zhuocheng?"

"I'm sorry..." He whispered as he hugs his best friend tighter. Xiao Zhan already planned on not crying but in this type of situation, it was hella impossible. He hugs Zhuocheng back as he sniffles slightly with his eyes being watery, "Dumbass, what are you apologizing for?"

Zhuocheng eventually lets go and gave Xiao Zhan a soft glare, "Of course I'd be sorry, I'm your bestfriend and I didn't even notice you were going through with that shit!"

"You're not gonna push me away?"

"Why would I? Xiao Zhan, do you really think I would do that?" Zhuocheng crossed his arms and Xiao Zhan just gave him an uneasy smile. "I was scared, okay?"

"You don't have to be anymore, now that you know ah! Tell me immediately when something's wrong so we can beat the crap of that person. God, I knew that freak was no good. Gave me the goosebumps everytime he spoke," Zhuocheng shivers and made a disgusted look on his face.

"You never asked me when the rumors were spreading at that time."

"I didn't want to believe it was you and you never said anything. You seemed so okay as if nothing was wrong, Zhan. So I thought, hey, it's impossible that it's Xiao Zhan. If something went wrong, he'll surely tell me. I'm sorry, I should've notice the big picture," Zhuocheng said with his tone full of guilt and Xiao Zhan doesn't want his friend to be like this.

"Well, it was my fault too, for not telling you sooner. I was just so afraid of everything and if I told you, you'd be a victim too. Zue Fai was really blackmailing me a lot..."

Zhuocheng massaged his temples and sighed, "Best friend hug again?" Xiao Zhan snorted and Zhuocheng was always like this when he doesn't know what to say anymore, but Xiao Zhan felt happy, actions really speaks louder than words and no one can change that. "Sure, best friend hug."

Both of them opened their arms and gave each other a hug, while Xiao Zhan was snickering, Zhuocheng was sighing. "Let's go home! It's getting cold outside."