Chapter 17

"I can't believe we made a pretty good team today," the council president said with a smile as he turns to look at the vice-president. Yibo was a bit in a daze and snaps out immediately upon hearing the president's voice. "Ah yeah," he simply said and Xiao Zhan searches in his pocket. "Here, have some candies, I got some from  Zhuocheng earlier," he said as he hands over Wang Yibo five pieces of a variety of sweets.

"You sure you want to give this to me?" He asked as he stares at the candies in his palm. "Well, yeah. Too much candy will ruin my beautiful teeth." Yibo snorts at his words. "You mean your beautiful bunny teeth?" Xiao Zhan immediately frowns at him. "You know what? I'll take them back-"

"They're adorable." Xiao Zhan shuts up in an instant and felt his cheeks heat up. Aigo! I'm really not good with sudden compliments.

"Yibo, you shouldn't just give people sudden compliments. I almost thought you were possessed," he said jokingly. Wang Yibo immediately smirks in delight like a little devil who only knows mischief. Xiao Zhan felt his gut that he has a bad feeling about this. "You're attractive."

Xiao Zhan immediately frowns again, "I told you-"

"You have pretty eyes."

"Aish, my dear junior. I get that I'm very handsome. You can stop-" But Wang Yibo didn't listen as he was having fun teasing the president who's face has becoming even redder.

"Your smile's very angelic," he said in a teasing manner and Xiao Zhan couldn't take it anymore and covers his face with his free hand. "Aigo, somebody help me!"

"Zhan-ge? Yibo?" Both of them turned around and saw Wooseok behind them. Xiao Zhan internally thanked the heavens. "What are you guys waiting in the school gate? It's almost dark. There aren't any night activities for the night. Shouldn't you guys be heading home already?"

"Ah, I'm waiting for Fanxing and Zhuocheng," the president replied as he shows their cuffed wrists together. "Right, I forgot." Wooseok said and was about to leave when Yibo grabs his arm. "Where's Seungyoun?" The shorter male immediately flinched and tugs his hand away rather harshly. "I-I... Uh... I really don't know- I h-have to go!" He raised his voice a bit as he runs away, even missing the bus stop.

"What's up with him?" Yibo whispered and thought, did something happened between the two of them?

"I'm worried about Wooseok, he didn't look too good," Xiao Zhan said as both of them look at Wooseok's figure gets smaller by the distance. "I'll talk to Seungyoun later."

"Wang-ge! Zhan-ge!" Fanxing called out as he runs towards his two upperclassmen. He catches his breath for a bit and smiles, "Time to unlock, thank you for your hard work today."

Xiao Zhan returns the smile and said, "You too, Fanxing," he said as he ruffled the junior's hair. Yibo looks at their exchange and couldn't help but think, what delicate hands the president has. It looked so pristine and white as if it wasn't scratched at all.

Fanxing then unlocks the cuffs and Xiao Zhan held his wrist as he massaged it. "Aiya, my wrist feels so sore," he complained as he swings it for a bit.

"Zhan-ge, Wang-ge, I'll go ahead. Please be safe on your way!" Fanxing waved goodbye as he walks away with a smile. "You too!" And Yibo just nods his head in agreement.

The silence filled them once more and others students passed by going home from the campus. There was no schedule for the night activites today since it was Professors' night. All students were required to go home early. "You should head home, too," Xiao Zhan broke the silence as he faced Yibo. "I'll wait for Zhuocheng to arrive."

"Maybe it will take a while. I don't want to trouble you," the president replied worriedly. "It's alright, I'm more worried about you. What will happen if..." Yibo didn't finish his sentence and Xiao Zhan already understood what he meant. He gave a dry chuckle and said, "Ah, right. But there are still a lot of people here-"