━ CHAPTER FOUR

THEA had been up most of the night, unable to sleep as memories from her childhood bothered her.

So, what does a sleepless Hufflepuff do? She makes friendship bracelets. Dozens of them. Each unique to every single person she could remember in Hogwarts. Professors and all.

The morning later, Thea showered and dressed extra early, slipping all her hand-made bracelets into the side pocket of her small back pack.

She walked upstairs to the dinning hall, happily chatting to the dusty portraits along the way, desperately ignoring her tiredness so they didn't think she way being rude. She was supposed to meet Regulus (as usual) at nine am, giving her two hours to remember the spell that hides insomnia lines.

She bumped into a hard figure just as she was about to enter through the great hall. For a mortifying moment, Thea thought she had somehow managed to step headfirst into the doors, and fell back on the floor.

Her cheeks instinctively flushed. The figure revealed itself as not to be a door, but rather James Potter.

He looked around for a moment before finally spotting the small figure that had hit his broad Chaser back. "Holy- Thea, are you okay? It's Thea, right?"

The blonde swiftly nodded before scrambling up again, her denim back pack in her freckled hand, "Yeah, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to walk into you, are you okay? Did I hurt you, I mean-"

James laughed, quite loudly and obnoxiously. "Good lord, you talk a lot, don't you? Anyway, what are you doing here early?"

"Oh- I was er, I was just um, uhm, c-couldn't sleep. That's all, urm, what about you?" Thea said, stumbling over her words as she attempted to lie.

A loud bang echoed inside the great hall, and a thick, green, gooey liquid started to peek out under the door, slowly spreading towards them. "That, may or may not be my fault. I'm deerly sorry for any inconvenience."

Thea giggled, covering her hand with her mouth. It's not that she found the prank funny, poor professor Mcgonagall was gonna have to clean this up and the students wouldn't be able to have breakfast. But James' proud expression did, his glasses hung crookedly on his nose as he grinned.

"Woah- what are those?" He asked, pointing to the bracelets.

"Oh! Well, I made some friendship bracelets! I got a little bored last night and decided to make some. I hope you don't mind, but I made you and your friends (Peter, Remus and Siruis) some too! I-Is that okay?" The blonde finished in a small voice.

"Serious- really?" James said, correcting himself automatically. "You made me and the boys friendship bracelets?"

"W-well yeah, would you like to see them?" Thea asked eagerly, already reaching for them.

James nodded slowly. Those big blue eyes peering up at him from her four ten hight, compared to his current six four, it reminded him uncannily like his neighbours puppy.

"Course, I'd love to see them Thea." He said genuinely, resetting his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

She beamed. "Really? Thank you thank you thank you!"

"I didn't do anything but okay-"

Thea shoved a small band into his fist. The bracelet was red and gold, with a quidditch charm on it and a glasses one. James smiled instinctively, feeling her anxious eyes on him. "I.. love it. It looks great Thea, really."

"Really?" The Hufflepuff echoed. "You're being honest? You really like it?"

"Like it? I love it!" He exclaimed dramatically.

Thea giggled. She wore a smile so big in her face, she looked as though she may explode.

"Wait, did you say you had ones for Siruis, Remus and Peter?" James asked.

"Uhm, yeah. I made some for everybody. I mean, obviously not everybody but-"

"Why don't me and you go give them their bracelets?" James suggested, "I bet they'll love 'em."

"Sure!" Thea nodded, already excited. The pair found the Gryffindors hovering around the portrait of the fat lady. Taking James' lead, Siruis and Peter both happily accepted Thea's bracelets.

James already felt protective of Thea. Like a big brother almost, her innocent nature was rather rare amongst all the teens trying to act tough and deep. Remus also happily accepted Thea's bracelets, but even to James the oblivious, he could see how Remus acted differently towards the Hufflepuff.

He wasn't sure if it was caution, or confusion. But it was definitely different to how he treated the others.

It was like Thea was a puzzle he couldn't quite solve.

They'd managed to draw the attention of Lily Evans, Gryffindor prefect and best friend to Severus Snape and Marlene McKinnon. She also happend to be James' long time crush.

It just so happend Thea had made one for her too, it was no secret that James was in love with the red-head, so it was a reasonable assumption that she'd see her.

"She's too innocent for this world." Sirius noted, watching Lily and Thea converse, "Like... you kinda expect her to sprout wings any second."

"We gotta protect her and her pygmy-puffness." James agreed, he looked at Remus out of the corner of his eye. "Isn't that right, Remmykins?"

The fawn haired boy looked up, startled out of his own thoughts. "Uh, y-yeah. Sure, of course whatever you said." He murmured, highly distracted. Remus was used to being the smartest kid in school (rivaled only by Lily and Snape), he was used to looking at students and instantly knowing what type of person they were.

He thought he did with Thea yesterday, just another overly emotional Hufflepuff who enjoyed the rush.

But today, she gives him a completely different vibe, like someone who was desperately trying to be happy.

Remus glanced down at his gold coloured friendship bracelet, it held only three charms. A book, a heart and a half moon. Remus held the bracelet up to the light with a frown.

He didn't like being confused.

***

A/N

THIS UPDATE WAS ON TIME HELL YEAH.

ALSO CAN SOMEBODY EXPLAIN THIS!?

So there was a small scare when Wattpad glitched and everybody's books disappeared, that freaked me out.

Q: have you got any suggestions for a ship name for Remus and Thea?

This chapter was dedicated to Groot