━ CHAPTER SIX

THE autumn wind made Lily's hair seem magical against the fallen leaves, Thea could instantly see the attraction of the confident Gryffindor.

The trip down to Hogsmeade was a long one, but time seemed to fly by as the two girls chatted, walking down the old brick path.

"I'm sorry but I really don't see-" Thea began.

Lily made an impatient noise while gesturing wildly, "Of course you don't! But when you're not there the boys are- well, gits! I know you don't wanna believe it but its true."

Thea just smiled sympathetically, then she spoke. "I get it, you dislike James, (she ignored Lily's hysterical 'I hate him!') But, do you think maybe... you could not insult my friends, I mean, they're not so bad when you get to know them."

The Gryffindor girl sighed, she couldn't deny those baby blues, "Right, fine. For you? I will. But when he and his friends are out and about, being their annoying selves I make no promises-"

A chuckle grabbed the girls attention. Thea glanced at the other side if Lily to see a Slytherin boy, his hair curtaining his face as he looked down.

He was pale, with jet black hair. Not the warm black like James', but jet black. It shined but not like Sirius', not like silk. Like grease.

His eyes were dark, almost black. And his nose was abnormally large. But this didn't matter to Thea, the thing she focused on the most was the way he looked at Lily, her friend.

He looked at her like she was the only person in the world. The only ray of sunshine on a rainy day. And she'd only been in his presence for five seconds.

"Sev!" Lily said brightly, she swiftly walked towards the boy, looping her arms around his neck, he bent down ever so slightly and buried his neck in her shoulder, Thea resisted the urge to go 'aww' was he her boyfriend? It would explain a lot.

"It's good to see you, we haven't talked in a while." Lily greeted, looking some how much more herself around him.

Severus smiled softly, Lily un-tangled her self and took a step back, beaming at him.

She had seemingly forgotten the Hufflepuff girls existance, but the boy hadn't. Tilting his head awkwardly in her direction he nodded, "Is this your friend?"

Squealing slightly in excitement, Thea took a quick step forward, "You must be Severus! Lily talks about you always, are you guys dating? I feel like you'd make a cute couple, nice contrast. Oooh what would be your ship name?"

Lily laughed softly, already well aware of her new friends rambling, completely dismissing her.

Severus on the other hand lost his pink blush and turned red. He coughed nervously, "Ship name? What's that?"

Thea beamed, "Of course, your ship name! But first you need your bracelet, hold on it's here sonewhere..."

Severus looked at Lily, wanting to see her reaction at the idea of them being together. She just looked amused.

"Here it is!" Thea announced suddenly, jerking her hand from her small backpack. "Your friendship bracelet."
She held out her hand expectantly, he peered down and saw a green band with silver potion charms, after a quick glance of reassurance from his friend he took it.

"Right, so back to your ship names..."

***

James watched them, safely hidden in his invisibility cloak with a very sleepy werewolf and a pissed off Sirius Black.