━ CHAPTER TEN

"THAT bloody idiot! I'm sorry, Thea, that you're friends with a nitwit such as my brother!"

The blonde smiled grimly. "It's okay. Really, it's not his fault he thinks that way."

Regulus took her shoulders and shook her. "No no no no no! Hate him, Thea! Argue with him, ignore him, but don't forgive him! For heavens sake girl you won't spontaneously combust if you're mean for once! He deserves it."

"Who are we to decide that?"

"His little brother and a bloody angel!, so it would seem. For the sake of Hogwarts, promise me he'll be the one to apologise first, alright?"

Thea bowed her head, before slowly nodding. "Okay. I promise."

"Thank you. Good lord girl I know you look like Cinderella but that doesn't mean you have to clean out everybody's bog holes while rats torment you all day-"

Thea began to giggle. "The rats don't torment Cinderella, Regulus! They're her friends! They even make her a dress so she can go to the ball."

"You mean they steal from her sisters and purposefully sew a horrible pink dress to embarrass her. I tell you, my favourite part of that book is when the witch turns them into mules to punish them."

"She's Cinderella's fairy godmother, not a witch! Witches are wicked in the muggle world."

"Well they've clearly never met you."

***

A hundred tiny parcels littered Thea's bed. They were all the friendship bracelets she had made, ready to be delivered to their owners for Christmas. She held two particular bracelets in her hand, while in her other she held her trunk. It was Christmas break and no one was more excited then Thea.

She pulled the trunk along with her as she left the Hufflepuff common room. Andrea cast her a scowl as Thea waved goodbye. Her parents had specifically told Andrea and her siblings not to bother coming back.

Arroyo suddenly appeared beside her, holding open the door for her. "HELLO FRIEND!" He exclaimed loudly. Hufflepuff students stopped and stared, before noticing he was talking to Thea and ignoring them.

Thea's blue eyes widend in panic. "You shouldn't do that! They'll never speak to you again."

He laughed. "They don't speak to me anyway, being your friend isn't gonna change that. Anyway! Do you need anymore help? Because I may have an appointment down at the Black lake."

"Oh! No, thank you for asking though."

He gave her a salute before marching off, a shit eating grin on his face as people looked at him like he was a giant baby potato.

Thea smiled and made her way to the Hogwarts express. The station was littered with students of all ages. Professor Dumbledore and Professor Mcgonagall could be seen clearly over the sea of children, and Thea made a B line towards them.

"Professors!" She greeted, smiling wildly.

Mcgonagall, stern as ever, raised an eyebrow at her. While Dumbledore gave her a cheerful smile. "Good morning Miss Harper, lovely day isn't it?

"Oh, the best!" She agreed, nodding. "I-I was wondering if, um, you'd like to have your Christmas presents now?"

"Presents?" Mcgonagall echoed.

"Um, yeah! I made these for you."

Thea held out her freckled hand, revealing two friendship bracelets. One had rainbow pattern, with a blue strip that held a half moon glasses silver pendant, a candy pendant, and a wand pendant.