━ CHAPTER TWELVE

ZEMA Harper felt as though his face was moment's away from breaking as he continued to smile at whatever the hell the annoying muggle woman in front of him was saying.

Don't get him wrong, he wasn't prejudice. Far from it. It was just- my god this woman was annoying.

She just went on and on and on- about everything. If he heard about her church bake sale and what a good person she was one more time he was going to blow his head off.

He visibly sighed in relief when he saw his wife pull into the drive, "Ah," He said, cutting Karen off, "That'll be the misses. Well, it was lovely to speak to you again, but I best go greet the kids."

"Oh," The woman muttered, put off. "What school do they go to again?"

"Poudlard school of the performing arts," He replied without a hint of hesitation. "Well. Goodbye!"

Zema waved her off, quickly muttering under his breath- "Burn on the stake."

"Zema!"

"Yes dear?"

He gave his wife a quick kiss on the cheek before walking to the car. His eye's widend at how close he had come to being given an earful.

"Dad!" Thea cheered, jumping out of the car and launching on him.

Zema hugged her back, "Hey pumpkin, how was school?"

"Great!" She replied instantly, stepping back. "Guess what! Alex's has brought his new girlfriend home!"

Zema's eye's widend and he gave his wife a sideways glance. Honor innocently stared up at the sky, her lips pressed together.

"Merlin, what'd I ever do to offend the gods today?" He grumbled, setting his daughter down. "Why don't you show her inside 'Dora, me and your mum will get your stuff, deal?"

Thea nodded, darting around to the other side of the car and opening the door. The girl Zema saw step out was tall, most likely tall enough to match him in height (not like that was very hard to do), her hair was jet black, tightly braided and short. He noticed she had rather strong set cheek bones and was reminded of the 'human evolution' picture book he had seen in the library.

Thea grabbed the intimidating girls hand lead her inside, innocently babbling along.

He and Honor shared a look, and she raised a brow.

Zema stifled a groan, "But I did it last time!"

"Zema!"

"Fine! Bossy pants," He opened the passenger door to look at his eldest child, "Alex. It's time for a talk."

***

Christmas morning was a much welcomed time in the Harper household.

Their cottage had been covered in red, green and gold decorations. Paper crows were set on the table, tinsel covered the tree, the fireplace and the stair case. (Okay, so maybe Thea got a little crazy) Eliza had introduced to a muggle thing called 'fairy lights' and presents spilled from underneath every chair in the house.

Thea woke first that morning.

She'd offered to share her room with Alex's girlfriend, Hayley, and pretended not to notice how she snuck out every night.

She jumped out of bed, kicking her fairy bed covers off of tiny body and scrambled towards Hayley. The older girl looked dead asleep, so Thea decided to with-hold her happiness and instead darted out of her room and into her brother's.