Best Friends

(warning.. abuse mention)

It was a few days before they leave Hogwarts for the summer. Harry and Draco spent a lot of time together- yet they still argue and banter with each other all the time. Draco always compliments Harry just to get him flustered and giggly. 

-

"see you next year yeah?" Draco said, brushing Harry's hair out of his face and he nodded, smiling at him. "see you then" Harry wrapped his arms around his neck, hugging him close.

 "no cutting, remember" Draco whispered into his ear, Harry had told him- well he found out by himself but Harry explained why.. Harry nodded in the crook of his neck.. that was his favorite place to put his nose, he liked to tickle him when he's hugging him.

 "no tickling" Draco muttered, holding his waist close as they stood in the middle of the compartment they were sat in. They were only a few minutes away from the station so. "okie" Harry giggled, moving his nose a bit and laying his head against his chest. "want to make any promises?" Draco asked and Harry hummed.

 "I promise not to cut and remember to smile for you" Harry said and Draco smiled, rubbing the small of his back a bit. Harry pulled back, smiling at him and Draco's heart felt like it was literally going to explode. 

"you're an idiot-" Draco chuckled, getting interrupted by the train.

"Bye Harry" "Bye Draco" Harry hugged him again but this time let go and grabbed his trunk, walking with Hermione and the Weasley's. 

-

Months into the summer, Draco was forced to get the dark mark...

Lucius pinned his son to the table and Voldemort came to his left side "it'll only hurt a lot Draco" he said, grabbing his straining wrist, he was fighting back as hard as he could, thrashing but Lucius kept him down.

 He felt the wand tip press into his skin and he cried out as burning sensation covered his whole body. "fuck!" He strained- quickly he felt light headed and he passed out..

-

Harry wasn't going through anything good either, he had a fresh- very much noticeable cut across his chest and down his arm.. he had bandaged it up bit it was very bad.. blood staining the bandage. 

He had got them from Vernon when Dudley and Petunia went out for the evening. Leaving him and Vernon alone... Vernon did scarring things to him.... just the thought of it made Harry sob into his legs.. Harry got up quickly and pulled Draco's hoodie out of his trunk and pulled it to his chest.. hugging it.. needing him.. 

-

(back to Hogwarts)

Harry had bruises on his cheek and chin.. he had slashes on his arms and chest  but he had most of his arms and chest bandaged up. He had bruises on his stomach and ribs.. when he moved forward it hurt so bad. He kept his head down as he pulled his trunk slowly.. 

He was wearing a red and yellow jumper to hide everything.

"Harry?" Hermione asked but he just kept walking.. pulling his trunk painfully into the train and looked for an empty compartment. 

He found one and disappeared into it.. He didn't even try to lift his arms with the trunk because he know he would start crying then and there from the pain. 

"Draco?" Harry turned around and saw the exhausted looking boy come in.. "Harry..." He muttered, falling onto the bench.. Harry sat next to him but whimpered at the pain in his ribs. "Harry? are you alright?" Draco said quickly, hearing his whimper. 

"yeah- just uh a little pain in my chest and ribs" he muttered, squeezing his eyes shut and letting his head fall back against the cushion. "why do you look so tired?" Harry said softly, turning to him and he groaned "cause i am.. some shit happened this summer.." he muttered softly and Harry nodded. 

"cuddle with me?" Draco asked after yawning and Harry giggled, about to lay against his side after he lifted his arm but whimper at the pain in his arm and Draco shot a worried look. 

"Shit. Shit. Shit" Harry muttered, jumping up and pulling the jumper off and unlatching his trunk. Draco watched, confused and worried. Harry's arm had started bleeding and it dripped down his arm. 

"fuck" he hissed when he took the bandage off "Merlin Harry!" Draco got up once he saw the bloody bandage get dropped to the side. Harry shook his head and wiped his arm clean.. "Harry.. what happened.." Draco said softly, noticing all the bandages on his chest, seeping blood. 

"I'm sorry.." Harry removed all the bandages since it was so stained and shit. "Harry" Draco muttered, Harry turned around- almost ashamed of who he was.. Draco put his hands lightly on his hips and looked a his chest which had the large slice but dried blood on the wound.

 "what happened..?" he said quietly, and Harry wanted to ball up and cry. "my.. my uncle.." Harry muttered.. tears burning his eyes as his ribs burned and cuts started to open again..

 "here" Draco grabbed the bandages and wrapped his arms up and chest after he lifted his arms. "here let me see if i can heal your ribs a bit" Draco took his wand and waved his wand and a tingling sensation filled his chest and he giggled a bit. 

"better?" Draco asked, and Harry nodded, rubbing his stomach smoothly. "pretty" Draco muttered, gently rubbing his shoulder and gently put one hand on his neck- gently running his fingers through the end of his hair.

 "no" Harry muttered and Draco gave him a stern look "If i tell you, you look pretty. You better believe it. I never tell anyone they're pretty" Draco said and Harry giggled.

 "may i put my jumper back on?" Harry said and Draco nodded, moving his hand from his neck and let him pull the jumper back on. 

Draco sat down and Harry went next to him, laying on his back and setting his head in his lap. "so what happened this summer?" Harry asked and Draco gulped... taking a deep breath 

"I- I don't want you to hate me.. or think i'm a freak" Draco said and Harry pouted up at him "Please, i told you what happened to me and i told you why i self harmed.. i didn't do it all summer for you, even though this happened to me" Harry said, motioning to his body and Draco nodded. 

He pulled his sleeve down and put his forearm above him "you got your dark mark.." he whispered and Draco gulped.. 

"my father... held me down.. and.. it felt like he was setting me on fire... i passed out.. i don't remember what happened but.. all i know is i have to kill someone.. or i get killed.. i don't want to do it Harry.." Draco looked like he was about to cry "no don't cry please" Harry lifted his hand and traced the side of his jaw and he smiled "sorry" "shush" Harry giggled quietly, dropping his hand back onto his stomach.

 "we're both messed up" Harry muttered and Draco smiled, pushing the boy's hair back and nodding "we sure are" he laughed softly.