Missing Her

XUI POV

I walk into my chamber in the sector specifically reserved for my family, Exhausted and as always discontent.

My family unit was not around, no one was, they all were at the celebration feast. Where i was meant to be, but i had fled shortly after it began. I could not stomach the spirits and merriment of my people when I was consumed with unhappiness.

I sat on my sleeping platform staring at the floor thinking, remembering. Leena.

The human girl is never far from my thoughts and my heart. I had not seen her in 8 solar cycles since i was still a youngling. But i have never forgotten her. Her distraught face when my sire's brother dragged me from her home. 

I longed to see her again. Just one more time to know she is well and alive. Those thoughts were the worst for me i think, the not knowing if she lives or has died. Did the sickness get her? Has she been taken?

My sire works closely with the leaders of the humans about things I am not privy to. I know it is about our occupation on this planet. They are working together to have mutual beneficial dealings, but lately I have overheard his conversations and I do not think it is all innocent. I strive to find out more of the truth behind the Plague and their mystery meetings. I am told many humans believe we have brought it with us and that is a lie. 

My people do not want to be around the humans. They do not care for them. They think of us as  superior and so they happily remain apart, but not me. I missed my human. Her strange food, her strange language, her melodic voice.

 Even as a youngling I knew her kindness and beauty were rare. If my sire is plotting to cause harm to her people I will be the one to stand in his way. for my human. For Leena. She would be devastated if harm came to her race and I could not bare to see her in pain, especially caused by my people. Not if I could do something to stop it.

When she found me after i was separated from my clan. She did not turn me in as most would have. Although i knew she was frightened of me, she still trusted me and took me home and tried to care for me. Before my people gained an alliance with the humans, I would have been killed if she turned me in. I owe her my life. In turn she has also gained my heart.

I pick up the tattered shirt that i had been wearing when i was taken from her home. No one knows i have kept it all these years. It once smelt of her. A pretty aroma wholly feminine and unique to her.

I often wonder if she has forgotten me. I hope not because one day i plan to find her and thank her for her kindness. I will tell her how i have never forgotten her and have missed her daily.

I have never felt with any other what i feel for Leena. perhaps it is beacuse of her or perhaps it is because she is different from me and i find it captivating.

My family does not know that i secretly search for her. I have been for many solars now. My few friends loyal to me have helped, even if they do not agree. Her scent i have caught a few times in the forest when I would  sneak out to search for her, or whenever I am in need of space away from the clans and my over bearing family. I know she is close and that makes my need to find her that much more urgent.

"There you are" a feminine voice says

I quickly stuff the tattered shirt beneath my covers and turn to the intruder. of course, Merdia.

 "Merdia what are you doing here?, you know it is not proper to be in a male's chamber without escort" i chastise, attempting to hide my irritation.

She smiles smugly at me. Merdia is a beautiful LoQuan female. She has a delicate frame and silky black hair that she wears in many intricate braids. her features are pleasant and pretty but she is an opportunistic female. She does not care for me truly, only my status and what life i can provide for her.

"We are soon to be wed, i think no one will mind much" she says sliding closer to me

I scoff and stand to distance myself from her overly flirtatous antics.

"Well that is true but, we must set an example to others on proper behavior" 

she shrugs uncaringly standing to touch me

"No one has to know." She places her hands on my chest and begins to slide them down towards my shaft. 

I have been with Merdia a few times in the past, Being with her takes my mind off the heartsick feeling of constantly missing Leena. Now somehow she has managed to convince my family that she is the best option for my life partner. 

Tonight however i will not succumb to her advances. My body is full of spirits and my thoughts are full of Leena and i want no distractions tonight. I will think, reminisce and dream of my beloved Leena uninterrupted.

I grip her wrist before she can touch my shaft and politely remove it

"Not this night, I'm afraid i am very tired" I lie hoping she will take the hint.

She does not. 

"Are you certain i cannot change your mind" she asks rubbing her body along mines

This female. does she not know throwing yourself at a male is considered desperate and undesirable. Merdia is like the Kerlau, an almost invisible bug from my home planet that clings onto your flesh and must be pried off with fire.

I step away 

"I am certain I hope you sleep well this night, Merdia" I walk away, an obvious dismissal.

She huffs with indignation and flees my chamber.

Thank the gods. I cannot wed that female it is a fate worse than death. I grumble as I lay down, once again grabbing the shirt bringing it to my nose and inhaling. the scent of her has long gone but her scent is burnt into my memory so I sniff it anyway. Remembering, longing and desiring.

 I will find you Leena and when I do, I will never again leave your side...............

Aww Xui is seriously infatuated lol. I had so much fun writing his POV

Should I do more Xui POV?

Do you think Leena feels the same for him?

What do you think his father is hiding or plotting?

What do you think of Merdia and Xui getting married?

Comment

Vote

Share

Thanks so much for reading!