Confrontation

XUI POV

We raced out into the forest, the sun glaring fiercely on us, letting us know that soon it would set. I had all my rebel LoQuans with me except Elith and Gurriy .  A legion of humans accompained us. 

Singular focus clouded my vision and thoughts. I felt invigorated by sheer tenacity. I needed to save Leena. Now. My worry. my very core shouted and rebelled that she was so far away from me and in danger. The force of my fear felt as if i would go insane if i were not assured of her safety soon.

I knew what this was but for her sake i did not  want to believe it

We were forced to make cap each night since The humans could not travel in the dark. their eyesight was  not as advanced as our own. Still i could not complain. For humans they were strong. They kept pace with us more than most other humans  we had encountered.

After what seemed like forever we, Finally we reached the place their people claimed Leena was being held. A enormous Facility loomed in the distance. Its sleek and sharp gray walls reminded me of the LoQuan facilities, except somehow it appeared even more cold and  sterile if that were possible.

I signaled for the humans to get into position and the rest to follow my lead. We had conjured a foolproof plan to assure this time no surprises would stop our mission

As we moved toward the building I felt my adrenaline spike. My heart hammered and my longing intensified. The ridges lining my back hardened in anticipation. If my father were indeed here waiting for me, then this was the day i always knew would come. I felt no qualms about killing him either. He had long been nothing more than my tormentor  and i was ready to never be his victim again. Him taking Leena sealed his inevitable fate even further. 

Just as we almost reached the unsightly structure that hid my love within it.  A Dark deep laugh echoed through the trees. We halted with alarm. Everyone brandished their weapons searching for the source of the sound through the dense forest 

A second later a familiar figure emerged. His smirk spoke of confidence but his tense stance belied his countenance . He was not all together sure he could prevail against me

"You are truly predictable Prince"  he spat "Come to save your useless human. Or what's left of her"  

A rough growl erupted from my throat. The sound furious and tortured. His insinuation that Leena was dead gutted me but i refused to allow him to see any weakness within me nor my mounting fear.

"Give her to me or die!"  I  snarled

He bellowed with  laughter  looking at my visible companions. i could see he felt unthreatened by the  fact that we had so few. Secretly i was pleased by this., His misjudgment of me would be his downfall

"And how will you do that with your pitiful group of younglings?"  He mocked 

I heard Lokkar's offended snarls at his words. We were younger  true, but every LoQuan knew of out fighting prowess.  Other than the medical LoQuans with us, Me, Slix and Lokkar were known throughout our people to be among the fiercest most formidable. 

Apparently my uncles  appointment as general had gone to his head. If i were not Prince or he had not married into the royal family he would not hold the position. He knew it as did we all.

"One last chance. Give her to me NOW!!!!!!"

"You are a fool to turn your back on your people. We thought convincing you there was a youngling,  would work but apparently you would even shamelessly abandon it too" 

I froze with his words letting them permeate my mind and heart. . There is no Youngling?. My expression must have shown through because a minute later he chuckled with glee

"O you thought there was? Yet still you fled?  that is just truly shameful. You are not worthy of being Prince. Nor Merdia".  His eyes held fire and Jealousy that for once i realized held more than a desire for the crown

I smiled with satisfaction at learning one of his own weaknesses

"You desire Merdia. Well have her. However i must warn you she is more..... "experienced" than i expected to be so young. Was that your doing?"  I said stroking his ire

He sneered  as he glared at me stepping closer. Just then another large ambush of LoQuans emerged closing in on us. How pitiful for a general to think the same tactic would work a second time

"Where are the humans you were working with last time you cowardly used in your attempt to bring me down in a fight. O that's right they no longer trust you nor my deceitful father. That's too bad for you uncle. because as you can see this time, I have brought Humans of my own"  i Growled 

He barreled toward me and i raced to meet him, a  violent roar tearing from me as we collided 

Claws and metal clanked and slashed as we fought. I blocked out all  else around me and focused all my anger,  my resentment,  my attention on defeating my enemy.

He slashed and snarled and swiped to no avail. He tired himself out with his attack. I simply pivoted and evaded as he sought to find a weak point in my defenses. There were none. HIs one mistake was believing because he had partially trained me he could easily defeat me. 

What he did not know was he was not the only one tasked with my training. Aboard our vessel  i had been trained by the very best on our planet. The man i regarded as a true father figure. He taught me the true art of fighting. How it was not about showcasing  power but ensuring protection. that a man who would fight a opponent untrained was a disgrace. People such as my father and uncle believed no such thing. The abused their power to intimidate and threaten never  protect. I learned from his teachings  and example how to be a better honorable male. 

His name was Remio. He did not survive  the crash.

 Remembering Remio's teachings i worked him until he lost his strength then and only then did i attack him back. I sliced his sword arm rendering his defenseless, before spinning  around behind him and slicing open his back. An agonized snarl sprung from his lips as he took to a knee panting heavily. I pointed my sword at his neck. This fight was at its end. Still He glared at me in defiance. 

"You are a disgrace to LoQuans everywhere" 

"No. You are"  i spat before i moved my blade swiftly slashing through the  air

I watched with blatant satisfaction  as his head soared through the air landing several feet away

One down one more to go....................................................

How savage was Xui's killing of his uncle right?

What do you think Xui will encounter when he finds Leena?

Comment

Vote

Share

thanks for Reading!!!