Chapter 10:The wedding

Ulrich POV

This was it. The day I waited my whole life for. The day I marry Yumi. I'm so excited to finally spend the rest of my life with her. Odd, Jeremy, and my Dad were helping me get ready.

Ulrich:Does this look good?
Odd:You look great good buddy.
Jeremy:Like your ready to marry your one true love.
Ulrich:Odd I'd like you to be the best man.
Odd:Of course.
Ulrich's Dad:Son I have never been more proud of you. Your marrying a great young woman.

What my dad said made me happy. I can't wait to marry Yumi. I love her so much. It was then almost time for Yumi to walk down the aisle. But as me and Odd were on our way out I overheard Yumi on the phone with her dad.

Yumi:You can't make it? I understand Dad. I know work is very hard. Bye.

I felt really bad. So I turned to my dad to ask him if he could walk Yumi down the aisle.

Ulrich:Dad...Can you...
Ulrich's Dad:No need son. I'll do it.
Ulrich:Thanks dad.

Me and Odd then went down the aisle where I needed to be.

Yumi POV

I was so upset when my parents couldn't come. Aelita tried to cheer me up but I couldn't calm down. Just then there was a knock on the door.

Yumi:Who is it?
Ulrich's Dad:Its Mr. Stern Yumi. May I come in?
Yumi:Yes sir.
Ulrich's Dad:You ready?
Yumi:What do you mean?
Ulrich's Dad:Ulrich overheard everything and he asked me to walk you down the aisle.

I smiled at that.

Yumi:Do I look ok?
Aelita:You look beautiful Yumi. Now go on. He's waiting for you.

I hugged Aelita. The music played as Mr. Stern walked me down the aisle. Once I got down the aisle I could feel my eyes tear up a little.

Yumi:Thank you.
Ulrich:My pleasure.
(Cue Background Music)

Priest:Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today. To join Ulrich and Yumi in holy matrimony.

Ulrich took my hand and helped me up to the stage.

Priest:If anyone has anything they'd like to say before these two marry please speak now.

Nobody said anything.

Priest:Alright. So...Ulrich...do you take Yumi to be your lawfully wedded wife to love and to cherish till death do you apart?
Ulrich:I do.

Ulrich put the ring on my finger. As I started to tear up the priest asked if I take Ulrich to be my husband.

Yumi:I do.

I put the ring on his finger.

Priest:Now repeat your vows.
(Cue music during vows)

Yumi:Ulrich. I've always loved you more then you'll ever know. Now here we are getting married about to spend the rest of our lives together. I will consider not only my husband but my best friend. I love you and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.
Ulrich:Yumi...

Ulrich paused as he began to tear up.

Ulrich:I promise to always be there for you no matter what. I will be here with you through the good and bad times. My heart has told me for years that your the one and it wasn't wrong. I love you Yumi and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.

The crowd cheered for us.

Priest:By the power vested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.

Me and Ulrich then shared a kiss as the crowd cheered for us.

Odd:Congrats guys!
Jeremy:Alright!
Aelita:Congratulations you two!
Priest:I present you Mr. and Ms. Stern!

Finally I was married to the love of my life.

Ulrich POV

I'm so happy me and Yumi are finally married. We are at the reception and Odd jumps out of his seat and says...

Odd:Everyone I'd like to propose a toast to my best friend Ulrich and his wife Yumi. We've been friends since day 1 of Kadic. And just last week we graduated together. To Ulrich and Yumi!

Everyone cheered after they had a toast. Then the one playing the music at the reception said...

Ladies and gentlemen Ulrich and Yumi will now have their dance together.

Me and Yumi went to the dance floor. We danced to the song that was played during the proposal.

After the dance was over we all went back to where we were. After the reception I surprised Yumi with our own house I bought before the wedding.

Yumi:Our own house.
Ulrich:I bought it before the wedding.

Yumi then hugged me.

Yumi:I'm so happy I get to spend the rest of my life with you.
Ulrich:Me too.

We then kissed.

(Cue Credits song)