Chapter 4 - A New Hope

She looked nervous to speak to me. Something seemed off. She looked so strong, so happy, yet extremely worried. She walked over to the bed "Billie, I'm so so-" I began, but she cut me off.
"Stop talking." I was taken aback, I think she could tell. But she just she continued "This is all my fault, I'm sorry. When ocean eyes got big, I really was busy. Then, I started thinking about you, my best friend, I didn't want to leave you. But for some reason, I was scared to show my face around you. I went spiralling, down a dark hole. I got anxiety and shit. And now I know why. You've always been open about how you're bisexual and you inspired me" I still didn't understand.
"I'm gay. When I didn't show up that night, I was going to tell you. But I flipped. I'm so, so sorry. "
"Billie I -"
"I'm not finished. When you went into hospital and I heard what you'd done to yourself. I felt guilty. I spent three weeks in intensive therapy and now I'm finally ready." Ready? For what? My question is quickly answered. She leant in and kissed me.

I'm not going to go into detail about the kiss, I'm just going to say how much it made sense. How it made me realise why I'd been so upset when she didn't show up. How it made me realise that I'd tried to be angry and failed.
look where that got you I thought.
It was right to be with Billie, the person I loved.