Chapter 10 - Are You Happy Now?

I rolled over in bed. It was 6:30. Ugh. I hadn't slept once all night. But I had no intention of leaving my bed for a long time, so it really didn't matter. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

As I scrolled through my phone, a new post came up on Billie's Instagram:

Liked by zoedonahoe , finneasoconnell and 1,456,987 otherswherearetheavocados she's broken💔billieismyqueen we're here baby 💕igotavocados is this about that girl?billvia @olivia

wherearetheavocados she's broken💔
billieismyqueen we're here baby 💕
igotavocados is this about that girl?
billvia @olivia.ward
View all 1,456 comments

Tears streamed down my face instantly. How was she acting so strong?

I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. I couldn't face the world. So I did what I always do when things crumble.

I went over to my guitar and brought it back to my bed, strumming some basic chords. I loved the feeling of the light guitar sound taking me away from the world. I built up an entire rhythm and a calm melody.

It took a lot of time - 3 days to be exact - but I had no idea of the time I was spending whilst I was creating the music. I let it take me away. When it was finally finished, I recorded all of the layers I had created and overlapped them.

I reached for my notebook and scribbled my feelings. The situation was so complex, but I managed to fit the story into a song. It explained how someone was trying to be with me by destroying my happiness, my love and that they had very much succeeded.

But I also made sure it said that the action could not impress me. And that they didn't stand a chance at getting what they wanted after doing what they did.

I recorded the song and sent it to Finneas. No caption was needed. I simply called it. Are you happy now?

I played it back a few times
I had happiness, you were glad of that
I had a lover, that broke you
You knew them, you couldn't stand that
I had a safe space, it wasn't you

So you decided to break me
Tore us apart
Are you happy now?
You were close to them, you were close to me
I hope that you're feeling guilty
Cause if you're not
I'll make you

Chorus
You never had a chance of getting me
And you thought breaking my heart would change that?

I was tired of you being distant, it was bothering both of us
I tried to fix things
You killed my heart

Two people, in love.
broken
All down to you
Are you happy now?

The song went on for 3 minutes, I must say I was pretty proud of my work. I hadn't stopped crying once whilst making it. Nor had I eaten, drunk or slept. But caring for myself was not on my list at the moment.