Chapter 17 - Isn't it Lovely?

I don't go to school on Monday, I just can't bring myself to get out of bed. Only every so often, to throw up. My neck is swollen from the near death experiences of last night. And I can't keep any food down.

At around 12, I get a message from Dani:

Dani Hey. I heard what happened, just know I'm here for u and if u ever need anything I'm only a text away 😘❣️

Me Aw thanks Dani. Can u come over later? I need some help with something.

Dani I'll be there xx

I place my phone face down on my bed side table. I set my room lighting to red and stare at the horrible state my arm is in.

How did it get to this? I wonder, as my eyes begin to tear up. Wearing Billie's hoodie and watching the twins' videos probably isn't helping me, but I feel so comfortable in Billie's clothes, it's as if she's here with me. And seeing Isaac be a complete goof in front of the entire internet makes me smile. Usually.

But right now, it's really bringing me down. I hate feeling like this. I want to escape. But I can't.

Walking out of town
Looking for a better place
Something's on my mind
Always in my head space

I shake the words from my mind. The song I wrote is honestly making things worse than anything else. It just explains all my feelings, in ways that I just would not be able to express if not through music. But it sounds so tragic, like I'm extremely deep in a dark hole that I'll never get out of.

But I guess that's true. I am in an extremely dark hole that I'll never get out of. The song just highlights how bad my life is.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I hear a knock at the door.

Dragging myself out of bed, I go to answer it. I see Danielle stood in the doorway. Before I can think, she tackles me to the floor in an aggressive hug.

It hurts. But I laugh. For the first time in a week, as she stands up and offers her hand to help me up. I accept it and she pulls me up.

"So bitch whatcha need help with?" She asks, when I lead her up to my bedroom.

"I need you to get me out of this" I say. Gesturing towards the entire room, the blood stained scissors, the red light, the videos, the hoodie, my arm and finally, the red marks on my neck.

"Olivia you didn't-" Dani begins, but I just begin crying instantly. Knowing what I've done.

"I did" I manage to say, before breaking down in her arms.

She comforts me for fifteen minutes. Then, as soon as I stop crying, she shoots up on to her feet.

"Where are you going?" I ask her
"We are going shopping." She replies, in a confident tone.

I tilt my head in confusion.
"Come on! You can't stay locked in here all fucking day" Dani says. She drags me out of my bed and we walk to the shopping centre.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When we arrive, we decide to head straight to Firetrap, Danielle's favourite shop.

I pick out an extremely large hoodie, it's mainly black with a golden Firetrap logo in the centre. Perfect. It's casual and it'll cover my arms well. I head to the checkout and pay.

5 minutes later, I see Dani pick out some overly gothy boots: big and black with silver spikes and chains. She tries them on and begins parading around the shop in a confident manner. I laugh. Twice in one day, wow.

When she finally pays for the boots, we proceed to Starbucks for a coffee. I order a basic latte whilst Danielle orders a caramel frappucino.

We get take out and head to the music shop for some gear. Well, only after I go to throw up my coffee.

Dani head's straight to the recording equipment while I look at keyboards. Before I even look at the rest, one jumps out at me straight away. Standing confident tall the Kurzweil SP6 melts my mind. I eagerly read the label:

Kurzweil Music Systems SP6 88-Key Stage Piano with Fully-Weighted Hammer-Action Keyboard: $1,095.00. This is Kurzweil's lightest professional 88 note keyboard weighing just 27 pounds.

$1,095.00

I'll have to get a weekend job, but this keyboard is so perfect that it's worth the hard work. I'm making some money on my music too, so it shouldn't take too long.

I practically skip to the counter to ask if it can be kept back for me. Am I maybe a bit over excited? When I get there, the man behind the desk has his back to me.

He shouts to someone in the storeroom that their shift is starting and leaves, obviously finishing up his hours.

I stand at the counter for 2 minutes, the man in the storeroom still hasn't come through. It sounds like he's on the phone. My eyes eventually drift to a bell on the desk and I press it.

Before he comes through, I hear a loud grunt, followed by "love you bye" and the sound of a phone being hung up.

Why is his voice so familiar?

A tall man walks out from behind the counter and I freeze, instantly realising where I know his voice from.

I feel my hands shaking as a snarl forms on his lips.

"Hello, Olivia. Nice to finally see you again" he says, like a psychopath in a film, before they kill someone.

I freeze.

A/N:
Who's this dude then?

Also sorry for the slow updates, I have a lot going on right now with school and other stuff but I promise I will be back at it soon.

Thea 💘