Chapter 20 - "..."

~Billie's p.o.v~
(3am)

"..."

It haunts me for hours.

"..."

It won't leave my fucking brain.

"..."

I'm almost ready to go...

Knock Knock Knock...

What the fuck?

Who's that?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~Olivia's p.o.v~

*1 hour earlier*
(2am)

I take deep breaths. I can't believe Danielle actually is actually expecting me to do this. My hands are still numb and shaking.

"Come on" she begins.
"You need her"
She's right. I do need Billie. I just can't believe she sent those three dots on my phone. I told her: Bil like closure.

And she had simply replied with "that's what your gonna give her". Before telling me her plan.

...

"Okay" I agree.
"But I gotta speak to Isaac first" I finally decide.

I have to do this. I love her.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
(2:10am)

We arrive at the twins' house 10 minutes later.

I knock, slowly, on the door. It opens to reveal Elijah, dressed in fluffy pyjamas. "Yo" he says. Dani lets out a short laugh.
"Sorry, did we interrupt your afternoon nap?" She says patronisingly.
"Nah, we just having a lazy night in cuz Isaac be depressed as fuck" he says.

I feel my face drop with guilt.

"Can I talk to him?" I ask. And Eli steps aside, gesturing for us to come in.

He leads us through to the living room where Isaac sits. My eyes instantly tear up.

He is curled on the sofa in his pyjamas, a large, empty tub of ice cream on his lap. His eyes are red and puffy, he's definitely been crying a lot.

This wasn't going to help him.

"Hey Isaac," I say gently, hoping he isn't mad at me.

"I know you probably don't want to hear this but we need to talk" I linger in the doorway, waiting for a response.

He just stays still. It's as if he's thinking about what he's going to do. I wonder if he'll even agree to speak to me.

All of a sudden he stands up, walks towards me and out of the door that I'm stood next to.

I stand confused for a second.

"Come on then" he says, a little frustrated.

I follow him through to the kitchen and he stands, awkwardly, waiting for me to talk.

"Look Isaac, I'm so sorry about the other night. I just need you to know that I don't see you that way. I really don't want to ruin our friendship because you are probably the most important friend I have but -"

I take a deep breath. This was probably hard for him to hear. Maybe I'm putting too much on him all at once...

"I'm still in love with Billie"

I stop talking. Waiting for a response. I see the sadness in his eyes when he speaks:
"You don't need to apologise." He begins. "This was my fault. I knew you were still in love with Billie. I saw you obsessing over her Instagram pics at school. I saw you listening to her music in class. But for some reason I felt like I was doing the right thing."

He looks at the floor.

I feel guilty. Isaac is a really great guy and he didn't mean any harm. It was just bad timing.

"Can we just move on from this?" I say. "You mean so much to me and I don't want to lose you over this.... Incident"

I see a small smile spread across his lips.

"Sure thing Olive Tree" he replies, pulling me in for a bro hug. I feel a sigh of relief escape my lungs.

"Now, if y'all don't mind, imma go get my girl back!" I shout enthusiastically as I leave the door, hearing Dani, Elijah and Isaac cheering. I run out of the house, making one final stop before heading to Billie's.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2:40am

I knock quickly on the door when I reach Jah's house. I need some advice from him, he's good at this stuff...

=================================

A/N:
Yes, this was extremely short

Yes, it was also really shitty

Yes, there is only one more chapter in this story.

No, I have not written it yet

Please vote and comment your thoughts
🤫🤭