Chapter 5 - Serious Conversations

"What does this mean?" I asked. We had been lying still for 5 minutes. "What do you want it to mean?"
Honestly, I wanted to be with her. All day, every day. But I simply said "I don't know"

I was still confused and felt really guilty about leaking the songs, I felt like I didn't deserve to even speak to her. Billie must have seen it in my face "Don't worry about the songs." She said. They meant so much to us that I want the world to hear them. I'm just not sure if you do"
"What do you mean? must do. I leaked them, I showed the whole world"
"You were extremely upset though. I thought you, especially, would know that people don't do things to benefit themselves when they're hurt" I looked down at my arm. "Billie"
"Yeah"
"I don't even know if I want to live anymore" she seemed hurt when I said that. But tried not to show it "I don't know if I want to live either. But we can get through this" I shook my head. "When I did this to myself" I gestured towards my arm. "I didn't stop, I was doing it for hours. I was in so much pain but I just kept going. I need help" Billie sighed. She took off her jacket and showed me her arm. It was covered in scars. My eyes welled up with tears. "It's ok" she said.
"It's not" I tried to say "Look what I've done to you" Billie just smiled sadly and said  "See how I felt knowing what I did to you? I did this to myself through guilt. We have to get through this.." she grabbed my hand "...together" I felt myself blushing.
An hour later, we had fallen asleep in each other's arms.