Chapter 16 - Mistakes

A/N:
⚠️Includes self harm⚠️

As we kiss, we don't hear the knocks at the door, nor do we notice it open.

But we do notice Billie. Standing in the doorway, with tears streaming down her face.

I pull away from Isaac as soon as I see her. She turns and storms out, slamming the door behind her. I sprint to the door and open it ferociously, leaving it wide open as I run after her.

"Billie, wait" I shout. And, to my surprise, she stops abruptly.
"What do you want, Olivia?" She says.
I can hear the hurt in her voice.

"I -" I begin. But what do I want? Do I want Billie? Do I want Isaac? Do I want anyone? I'm stuck in limbo. And I can't see a way out.

"You seem really into him" she says as she turns round. Showing her red, tear stained face. She looks so hurt. I feel hot tears start to run down my face. As she says:
"Goodbye Olivia" in a whispery tone.

She turns and walks away, leaving me there in the middle of the street. Falling down to my knees as I let my tears take over.

Goodbye Olivia

The words replay in my mind. She said that the first time we broke up. And now she's left me for good. And I'm on the floor, in the open air, with my head buried in my hands.

I see Isaac run out of my house, straight towards me. He helps me up and puts his arm around me, but I shove him off, run home and slam the door behind me.

I want to be alone. I don't need him confusing me any further. No one can make me happy right now. I'm broken.

Again.

I hide myself in an oversized Blohsh hoodie, from Billie's new collection. I turn on my red light and cry for hours. Ignoring the messages flooding in from Isaac, Dani, Eli and Jah and deciding to hide my phone under my pillow when I see my Dad's number light up on my screen.

Thoughts fill my head

Thought I'd found a way,
Thought I'd found a way out
But you never go away
So I guess I've gotta stay now

They slowly merge into lyrics. And I hear Billie's voice singing them in my mind. So beautiful. Yet so lonely, all thanks to me.

Oh I hope some day, I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night, or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive outside, I can't fight my fears

Isn't it lovely, all alone
Heart made if glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to prices
Skin to bone
Hello, welcome home

And, before I knew it, my arm was dripping with blood.

Again.

A/N:
Two updates in one day, aren't you lucky.

I felt really bad for leaving you on a cliffhanger so I had to add a short chapter to continue the story a bit

Leave comments on what you'd like to happen next 💕

Thea 💘