Chapter 18 - Old Faces

Alarms scream in my ears when I see him, my heart races, anger boils ferociously in my stomach. I've been ignoring him for months.

How did he find me?

The world is spinning, I try to breathe, but I can't find the air.

He stands so casually in front of me, a sly smile creeping on his lips.

How could he? How dare he show up in my life? After all he's done, after all he's said ...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Olivia," he begins.

I freeze at the sound of his voice.

"how lovely to see you again" my father smirks.

I hate this. I'm so scared of this man who I have dealt with my entire life. I hate how I let him abuse my mum for so many years. I hate how I didn't fight back when he decided it was my turn.
I hate how the world thinks he deserves to be here.

He looks paler than when came to my door. It looks as though he's aged ten years since I broke up with Billie and he crushed my heart even more.

He looks at me in disgust, especially as he sees my bi-coloured bag.

In the corner of my eye I see Danielle walking over. Just in time.

"Hey Olivia I got a-" she stops abruptly, clearly seeing the terror in my face.

My Dad continues.

"And this must be your girlfriend, Billie, if I'm right?" He says, with a ridiculous amount of confidence.

"Who the fuck are you?" Dani says. "And what the fuck are you doing?"

I shake my head, she just made a big mistake. The last time someone confronted him, they saw stars 10 seconds later.

Even the tiniest confrontation can spark his anger, and nobody deserves to see him angry.

He laughs, insanity runs through his veins, climbing up to his obnoxious mind.

"Well, Olivia, have you really not told your girlfriend about your own family" he says "girlfriend" with such disgust.

I shiver in terror.

"I'm not her girlfriend dude. And I'm not Billie" Danielle snaps. I look at her with such a worried, terrified expression. I can't let my Dad do anything to her, I'll never forgive myself.

I don't know what to do. My heart beats like crazy in my chest. It's painful. The world starts to spin.

"Well" my dad continued. But Danielle stopped him with a raise of her hand.

"I don't wanna hear anymore of your shit. We're leaving." she says. And I see the anger start to well up inside him, the way it always does before he strikes.

He begins to lunge forward, towards Danielle. My world is now spinning ferociously, I can barely stand.

Then I do something.

Something I never thought I would have the confidence to do.

Ever.

I move swiftly, not even thinking. I step forward and swing my arm rapidly. Without even thinking, I punch my father in the face. Hard.

He lets out a short shout. The power from the blow causes him to turn away from us, he holds his nose in his hands.

I step back, holding my hand in my other arm. It's shaking.

What did I just do?

I just stood up for myself, well for Danielle. But where did that confidence come from? This is so unlike me. Anger? But surely I would have done that so many times before - like when I first found out what he did - if it was anger.

I can't wrap my head around what just happened.

I stand in shock at what I've done. Frozen.

Then Dani grabs my arm, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Come on!" She says with a trace of urgency in her words.
"We can't just stay here." She starts dragging me. But she doesn't need to drag for long. I break free of her arm and we power into a sprint.

We leave the shopping centre and take a sharp right turn. Dani takes the lead.

She directs me through a series of alleyways that I must have walked by a million times and never noticed.

We stop running when we reach a final tunnel.

We walk for 10 minutes until she finally stops at what seems to be a dead end.

The entire street is bordered off for building work. But Dani just climbs under the temporary wall/fence thing.

I look at her through the fence, my eyebrows raised. She gives me a reassuring nod and I follow, wondering what could actually be behind it.

And if Danielle actually knows where she's going.

On the other side is a run down block of old council flats. They look as though they're ready to crumble into a pile of rubble.

Danielle leads me straight to the door.

Surely we can't go in there.

But she rumages through her bag and pulls out a key. Shoving it into the door and turning it, she says:

"Welcome to my place"

A/N:

Did you think Olivia's dad would show up?

I'm sorry it was such a shitty chapter but I felt like I had to give you an update, it feels like it's been forever.

I'm probably going to finish this story off soon because I'm getting a little bored of it but I have an idea for another one so don't worry.

Please vote and comment what you want to happen next. 💕

I'm also wondering if I should do Billie's P.O.V, could you also let me know if you'd like that or not.

Thanks, Thea 💞