Chapter 7

When I get back the sun is still in the sky. There is probably an hour left of light. I make up my mind and decide to walk to the beach.

When I get there I sit down and look out at the water. It glistens and look so dangerously beautiful. Some parts are calm and look easy to swim in but other parts look like it would suck you under in a second.

As I look out I wonder so many things still. Where am I? Will someone find me?

So far I have not heard any helicopters or people or anything of the matter. There has been nothing. Only the sounds of nature.

Well if there is someone who comes by I should find a way to get their attention. I will start by writing "help" in the sand because it might catch someone's attention.

I get up and grab a stick. I then proceed over to a big open part of sand and start writing.

I make each letter big and thick so it will be easier to see. I make them all uppercase and really press the stick in deep to show more contrast. When I am done I throw the stick and walk back.

When I get back I grab some of the berries. I don't count how many, but I eat them. I then finish one of the bottles of water.

I take the fish out of the bag and put it in a different corner. If I am going to eat it I am going to need to start a fire to cook it. Luckily I found a little flint. Not much but it will do. I will cook the fish tomorrow and have a proper meal for once. If that is considered one.

I pull the knife out of the bag and close it shut. I have thought about it and decided to sleep with the knife in my hand just in case of danger comes.

I sit on my "bed" and firmly grip the knife in my hand. I lay down and close my eyes. Within seconds I fall asleep.