3

Time skip almost 2 months 

I had been in my house now for about 2 months and life could not be better. I see my best friend just about every day and if not I at least get to talk to him. it was a few days before zak's birthday he was going to be 42.  I was at the museum stalking the gift shop area when one of the managers came to me and said that there was a guy in line asking for me. as I walk to the entrance I see just who it is my x I start to panic zak is away on lockdown and won't be back till late. I run back telling the manager that I had to go and I would call her later. she said ok hun drive safe. I was still using zak's Bently so I snuck out the back and got in taking off to home. After being home for a few hours I thought I was in the clear and that he did not see me so and he had no clue where I lived, suddenly I hear my front door open thinking it was zak as he was the only other person with a key I walk over to greet him, I stop dead in my tracks it's my x, what? how? Beka how could you do what you did to me hun you know you belong to me he says with a smirk. I run tot he kitchen to get my phone shit I left it in the car. in a panic I can't think I suddenly feel his grip on me and he throws me down to the floor starting to beat on me and rip my clothes off me I know what he is about to do.  I try and struggle but it is no use.  I start praying all of a sudden I hear a thud and feel nothing on me. I open my eyes crawling to the wall to find zak beating the ever-loving shit out of my x. I run out to Zaks car get in and grab my phone calling 911. within a few moments, they arrive. my x is taken away and I sit there crying shaking I jump at zak touching my shoulder doll? I look up to him as he takes me in his arms shhhh it's ok now I'm here. 

I could not sleep that night and zak stayed at my house with me. I got up walking out to the living room to find zak reading something on his phone and watching something on tv. Zab I say softly ( that is beka's nickname for zak that only she can call him) zak turns to see me standing there. he gets up walking over to me hugging me you ok doll I shake my head. ill lay with you till you can sleep he says walking me back to my room. he lays in bed with me holding me softly talking to me.  suddenly when I start to cry again he takes my chin in his hand lifting it so our eyes meet don't cry he whispers it breaks my heart seeing you cry. I pull on his shirt snuggling as close as I can to him I feel so safe with him he is my best friend and he knows everything about me he is the only one I have ever really opened up to. I close my eyes and then suddenly feel his lip on mine, he pulls away oh god I'm sorry doll I don't know what I was thinking. 

I look into his eyes again you feel more than friendship don't you? he nods not saying a word. I reach my hand around the back of his head pulling him closer to me and look in to his eyes, you have saved me so many times in more ways than one and I have felt things for you for a long while now but we have never been single at the same time, I put my lips to his letting him feel just how I feel in my kiss he responds back wrapping his arms around me pulling me close and we kiss for a while till sleep overcomes and I drift off.

The next morning I wake alone in my bed it must have all been a dream. suddenly I hear my phone ring it was Zak I answer hey ZAB, hey doll, about last night he starts. Oh god, it wasn't a dream.  It's ok I say softly I really do feel that way for you and I think we should be honest about how we really feel. the line is quiet for a moment when he speaks doll I do have feelings for you but I know what you have just been through and I do not want to push you too far to fast and lose you. I smile saying hay well today is your birthday what about I treat you do dinner. That sounds great he says, ok then meet me at my place about 6. Ok, doll sees you then. 

I had the day off and went out shopping and was trying to find something that I could get zak for his birthday.  I went into a jeweler and found this ring it was gold and silver and had a cross on it and had the lords prayer all around it. I had it sized so it would fit him and had it wrapped up.  on my way home I stopped at the store to get a few things I thought id make zak for dinner. Luzonian sounded good so I got everything I needed for it.  when I got home I got everything put together and in the oven.  about 540pm I got a text from zak hay doll I'm running late I need to stop my home fast, need me to bring anything? I sent a msg back just you and your smile. dinner should be ready at about 630.  ZAK: ok see you asap xoxoxo.......