1 / 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞

- 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞 -

I didn't know where to start. In 2019, when Five and I asked Klaus if he had seen someone acting strange, he was too high and drunk to give us a proper answer. So I have absolutely no where to start.

When Five was in the apocalypse he hadn't seen anything that told him what the cause was. Back then, I was the cause. Now it is someone else and this person might've left proof behind. Proof that's waiting to be found by someone.

The decision to go to the apocalypse is almost made until I realize that Number Five will be there. I shake the thought out of my head.

"So what." I try to convince myself "I've got a mission."

I'll have to handle with my feelings towards Five and the need to stop Five from ever falling for Flore. There can't be any feelings and there can't be a need to split Flore and Five apart. I don't want her to be as broken as I have been so many times.

Flore looked so truly happy when I saw her and Five. I don't want to and I won't destroy that for her.

I grab the briefcase and it doesn't take long to time travel to the apocalypse. The so familiar blue light that will always remind me of the boy who stole my heart fades away when I look around me.

My surroundings are either still burning or in ash. I'm glad that it isn't me that caused the death of all humans except one. Five Hargreeves. He time traveled here and was the only survivor by doing so.

I force my body to start working after taking the horror in. I cannot believe that Five could live through all of this. He had to since he had no way back, but that doesn't change the fact that he lived in hell for a lifetime.

My eyes scan everything. Every burned car, all bodies laying on the ground and all the destroyed buildings, including the Umbrella Academy.

"Y/n?" I hear a familiar voice behind me. I knew that this was going to happen. It's my faith to keep on having my heart broken.

"Shit." I mumble to myself and I turn around to face Five.

"What are you doing here?" Five's eyes widen when he takes everything in "Did your Five find you? I couldn't tell him. I'm so sorry! I got.."

I like how he said "your Five" even though I shouldn't. He isn't mine anymore. He won't ever be mine again and I will have to be okay with that.

"You got stuck." I finish for him since he seems to not be able to finish his sentence himself "Five found me again."

Without realizing, a sad smile has taken over my serious expression and this worries Number Five immediately.

"Are you okay y/n?" He asks with worry in his voice.

"Yeah, I am." I lie "I'm just trying to find the cause for the apocalypse."

A frown gets placed on five's forehead, telling me that he doesn't believe that I am okay.

"If the other version of me found you again, where is he?" He asks. That's a fair question but one that I can't answer.

I can't say that the Commission found me again. That I got shot and my powers taken away every month again. That I was in prison and that I almost committed suicide. I can't tell that Five got a girlfriend, can I?

"He decided to look for clues a bit further from here." I lie again and this time he seems to believe me.

My Five would know that I was lying. He knew me. This one will too eventually. He just has to wait a whole lifetime.

"So you don't have any idea what the cause is yet?" Five asks me interested.

"No and don't think that I will find anything. It was dumb of me to come here. I guess I just didn't know what else I could do." I just now realize that I am crying. But I'm not crying because I can't find any clue, no, I'm crying because my heart feels empty.

Empty without the love of Five.

"I know very well that you aren't crying because of the apocalypse. It's the other version of me. He isn't here. Why couldn't you just tell me?" Five sighs, grabbing my hand to reassure me but he doesn't know that he's making it worse.

"I will be alone for the rest of my life because that's my destiny Five." I tell him and sit down onto the ground. Five's eyes don't leave me while he sits down next to me, not freeing my hand.

"You said that he had found you?" He says, now looking away from me. Instead, he looks right in front of him where the Umbrella Academy once stood.

"He did but we lost each other again and I'm afraid that this time, our story has ended." I sob, knowing that this is my new reality.

It might be my fate to live with a broken heart but I do seem to always end up talking with Five. This time it is another version of him but it still is Five.

"I'm very sorry for that. I know it isn't much at all but please think that this came from him." He says, confusing me.

Before I can continue wondering about what he meant, he leans in for a hug. At first, I feel disorientated. These aren't the arms of my Five around me but I can't help but to accept the hug.

It's been a long time since I've been hugged by someone. Months actually. I missed it. I missed the feeling of trust and the feeling that I'm not alone. Still, I am afraid that I really am alone because i will have to leave Five here.

"Thank you Five. It really means a great deal to me." I send him a weak but true smile.

When he pulls back, we both stand up.

"I'm going to try and save the world now." I tell him, still with the weak smile upon my lips.

"Good luck y/n but I know that you don't need it." He says, patting my shoulder.

"I think I do." I sigh "I really do."