10 / The end

- 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 -

"So what are you going to do now?" Five asks me as he takes care of my burns. I flinch away when he touches the wound that Flore caused and his face softens.

"Now I have one last thing to do Five. I've got one last person to kill and one last commission to break down." I tell him, meaning it.

"Are you sure that you want to kill again?" He asks and when I look in his eyes, they're full of worry.

I understand him though. But I'm ready to do what I have to. I'm ready to kill again.

Again. It's a weird thought to know that I've killed before but I did. Some deaths that were caused by me weren't meant to happen but they did.

How much everything has changed in just a few months over a year.

"I am ready to kill the handler." I firmly say.

Killing her is the last phase of my mission. It needs to be done. If not then she will find another person to cause the apocalypse. I'm done having her to constantly keep me from having my happy ever after. That's what she has been doing all the time.

"How are you going to kill her?" Five asks me as he grabs my hands, ready to spatial jump to the commission.

"Like I should've done in the very start." I tell him right before we both disappear in thin air.

When arriving at the commission, Five stays outside. He knows that I have to do this for myself.

I burst in the handler's office and see her sitting on her chair. When her eyes fall upon me, she stands up.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" She asks but I'm pretty sure that she already knows.

"I came here to finish my job. I have one last thing to do." I tell her before I point my hand at the woman I became too attached to.

After one single movement with my hand, she's floating in the air. There's fright in her eyes and I don't know how I feel about it.

I know that I don't like seeing her like this and knowing that it's my fault but that's the exact reason that I have to do this. Even though I knew that it was dangerous, too dangerous even, I let myself care for her.

"Don't do this y/n!" She uses all her strength to yell at me. She's not even trying to get her feet back on the ground. We both know that I'm too strong for her. For anyone really.

"You know, I really did care about you." I sigh as my eyes don't leave the floating woman in front of me.

Her eyes soften but it doesn't take long until the fright and anger are visible in her eyes again.

"Then why are you doing this?" She asks and her voice cracks in the middle of her sentence.

"Because it ocurred to me. You've been friendly to me, you've been pretending that you care about me. Just to prepare for this very moment. So I wouldn't kill you if it came to it." I know that I'm right. The expression upon her face just proves it.

"Guess what. It did come this far but I am stronger and smarter than you thought." I say and then I gave her one last moment to say something back.

"Y/n.." She says "I really did care about you."

I roll my eyes, not knowing if I should believe this or not. I shouldn't want to hope that she's not only trying to stay alive but really meant this. But I can't.

I can't be weak.

In just a second my hand is pointed at the window and as the glass shatters, the handler falls onto the ground outside.

A sigh escapes my lips as I look through he now shattered window and I can see Five standing outside, just around ten steps away from where the handler is laying.

Knowing that she isn't dead just yet, I hastily find my way outside to the now wounded handler.

"How are you feeling?" Is the first thing that I ask her when I arrive.

The handler groans as she tries to move herself a little but she quickly gives up. I'm sure that she has broken several bones in her body. It must hurt.

"Very good." She answers my question with too much sarcasm in it.

Trying not to think about it, I grab her head with both my hands and crack it.

After that the life that was in her gets sucked out of her immediately and her head falls on the ground when I take my hands off her.

I've killed the handler.

As tears start to come, I sigh and close her eyes. "I also cared a lot about you." I whisper before turning my back at her lifeless body laying on the ground.

"Are you alright?" Five immediately asks me as I face him. I don't feel good that's for sure.

"I don't know." I answer his question as my lip trembles. I don't know is an honest answer. I really don't know what I'm feeling. Perhaps I just don't know what I truly am feeling. If I think about it . . It might even be regret.

Five walks closer to me, wanting to connect our lips but I stop him before he does so.

"I'm not finished yet. Calm down." I chuckle and he shyly looks down, causing me to laugh.

One snap with my fingers is all it takes for the commission to start shaking and to fall down.

"Another chapter finished." I say as I look behind me. It doesn't take long until my eyes are on Five again who has a proud smile upon his lips.

"We did it. We really did it." His smile gets replaced by a smirk as he comes closer.

My breathing quickens as his lips collide with mine. His lips are soft and I taste of heat and hope for the future.

He smiles in the kiss but is the first one to pull back from us two.

I pout my lips, causing my ears to fill with a chuckle that I could listen to on repeat for my whole life.

"Were you enjoying that?" He smirks as he tilts his head a little.

"Mhm." I nod and continue pouting.

"I just wanted to ask what now?" He asks, not looking away from me. It feels like we're pulled together and just his question is stopping one of us from pressing their lips against the other's.

"What do you mean what now?" I lean my forehead against his.

His widening smile catches my attention. It doesn't take long until I can't get my eyes off the adorable dimples that I thought I'd never see from this close ever again.

"What are we going to do now?" He asks and I realize that I hadn't thought about this very question yet.

What are we going to do now?

It is a good question indeed. I suppose that's still an unanswered question. An unanswered question waiting for us two to find an answer to it together.

"The rest is still a mystery but I'd like to solve this mystery with you." I whisper when I see his eyes that are upon my lips.

"I'd like that." Is all he says before he reaches forwards and presses his lips against mine again.

"Would you?" I ask him as I enjoy the familiar taste again.

"Yes." He smiles in the kiss "I love you y/n."

"I love you too."

-

Thank you for the many comments, votes and follows! I absolutely adored writing and now rewriting the book 'kidnapped' and this book, ripped apart (the second book and continuation of kidnapped). I hope all of you enjoyed the journey of y/n and the boy that not only took her captive but also her heart.

Also um. . I might be writing 'kidnapped 3, happy ever after' <3