2 / 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞

- 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 -

I time travel with the briefcase to the date of the apocalypse. The day it happens. The day that the world ends and the day that the human race goes extinct.

The blue light disappears again and I see that I'm standing in front of the umbrella academy. The one that is still standing. In less than an hour this building will be laying on the ground. Like it never stood in the first place.

I look around but nothing out of the ordinary was going on. Just a normal day, till the it happens of course. I decide to go on a walk and to look for the cause of the apocalypse. The person behind it must be here somewhere. I walk, and keep walking. Like there isn't an end.

But there is.

After about half an hour I'm right in front of the academy, again. The only difference is that the building is now shaking. All the siblings run outside and have to watch how Grace waves softly just to fall down with the building.  My mouth falls open, why the hell didn't she do anything to escape? To live?

None of the siblings have noticed me yet. That is until I hear a voice.

"Y/n!" I look at Klaus who's now walking towards me 'You're the y/n who lived with us right?' He asks curiously.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I reply 'It's not like I have a twin.'"

"Well it could be possible because it could be the you who still hasn't time traveled to the past with Five." He explains which makes me frown.

"Since when do you have brains?" I say, rolling my eyes. I immediately feel guilty for being so hard.

"Since when are you so cold?" He asks with a shocked expression on his face. Still he doesn't seem angry with me.

"A lot has happened." I explain "I'm sorry Klaus, that's not an excuse for being so rude to you."

His face softens and a smile appears onto his lips. His smile immediately reassures me and I can't help but smile a little too.

When my eyes fall upon my surroundings, my smile gets replaced with my lips forming a thin line.

"Who causes this?" I ask Klaus and his expression immediately changes. His brows furrow and he looks away from me.

"I don't know." He says but I can tell that he's lying. He has been my best friend for six months. He was the one to make me smile when I had given up all hope. I know when this man is lying.

"You don't know?" I frown, knowing very well that he's lying "Klaus, I need to know who causes this so I can save everyone and everything! I need this so I can succeed my mission. Please, tell me."

"It's a girl. Woman actually." He says, clearly against his will.

It is very clear to me that Klaus doesn't want to give me the answers that I need for some reason. Does he care for this woman? Is he fond of her?

"Is that all you know?" I ask him in a more demanding voice.

"No, I know more. She is sweet and I'm sure that she doesn't want any of this to happen y/n. You can't hurt her. She's just scared." he says, now turning to me.

His eyes tell me that he meant every word. he really does believe that this woman is truly afraid and I believe so too. I was once in her place and I was afraid too.

"You have to t-" I start but Klaus cuts me off.

"It's Five's girlfriend." He says, making sure that my mouth falls open. Did I hear this correctly?

"You don't mean.." I frown at Klaus who's clearly scared that I'll hurt Flore.

"Yes, Five's crazy girlfriend causes the apocalypse." He sighs "Also.. I thought he was with you?"

There's confusion in his eyes and I understand why.

"You said it correctly. Was." I tell him just to realize that everything in my life will always end up with Five. Now I've got to stop his crazy girlfriend from causing the apocalypse.

"Just so you know y/n" Klaus starts, causing me to look at him again "Ben and I ship you and Five more. Ben never liked this girl even though I thought she was kind. Maybe too kind if I think about it."

"How does she cause this? " I ask, changing the subject.

"I don't have time to explain everything." He says, grabbing my arm.

He starts to run, pulling me with him.

"Where the hell are we going?" I raise my voice while I try to run with Klaus without falling down and hurting myself.

"We're going bowling!" He answers, starting to run faster.

"Why are we going there? The apocalypse is going to happen and you want to play a stupid game?!" I yell back, now clearly annoyed.

'We said to regroup there dumbass!'