6 / 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞

- 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 -

"Here's the plan. ." I start but it doesn't take long until I'm cut off by the door closing with a bang. My eyes widen when I realize what's happening and what I've done.

I've walked straight into the handler's trap.

"I suppose that wasn't part of the plan, was it?" Five asks, maybe not meaning to sound annoying but he does.

"No! No! No!" I yell as I run up to the door. How could I have been so stupid and blind?

Like I said, the handler is not foolish. That is where there is a difference between us. Even when her plan evolves locking up someone she cares for, she will continue but when my mission evolves around someone that I care for, I get blinded.

You could even say that I get blinded by my love for Five.

"Y/n, you are so simple to catch." My eyes fall upon the handler through the tiny window.

She's standing there, enjoying her victory once again. She knew my weak spot and she used it.

It must be true. Maybe I am simple to catch? Five kidnapped me, Cha Cha and Hazel took me, Jacob and Phill took me and now the handler locked me up again.

Haven't I changed even a little bit? Haven't I gotten smarter?

"You escaped last time because of the pity of my agents but I knew that you'd be back here in no time. You'd do everything to save Number Five. He makes you vulnerable y/n." She says, looking me straight into the eyes.

"My weak spot." I say and she nods.

Five Hargreeves will always be my weakness and she knows it. I know it.

"Leave him out of it." It tell her, not daring to look at Five who's still standing behind me "You have me. Now let him go."

"I don't think I will." She says, causing me to frown "You see, both of you want to stop the apocalypse and I cannot let that happen. Now that I finally found the perfect cause, I can't have one of you two ruin it."

After having her victory, she takes a few steps backwards but her eyes don't leave me.

Not being able to hold my stare much longer, I turn around to face Five.

"I tried." I tell him as my eyes become glossy "I tried getting you out of here. I'm so sorry."

Tears start to stream down my cheeks and I don't even try to wipe them away or stop them from coming.

Five his eyes soften and he walks towards me. An arm of his sneaks around my waist as his eyes don't leave mine. Our faces are just inches away from each other and yet, I can't help but think that this isn't right. Not anymore.

"Don't do this because you feel guilty Five." I close my eyes, hoping that this will lessen the temptation to feel his lips on mine again. But it doesn't lessen even a little bit.

That need, the need of his lips on mine, will always be there. I now know that.

Five lays his hand on my cheek and caresses it with slow movements, making me wish for even more.

"I'm doing this because I care for you and because I love you y/n" He whispers into my ear and in the proces of doing so, I feel his lips touching my ear for a moment.

My eyes flutter open when I feel his wet lips against my ear's skin.

"Five.." I whisper but I'm not sure if there comes any sound out of my mouth.

"We can't." I sigh "You can't."

He understands what I'm trying to say and sighs. Instead of stepping backwards, away from me, his face comes closer.

When his forehead touches mine, a small smile comes onto my lips while the tears keep streaming down my face.

Our foreheads lean against each other and no ones says a word. I can't help but wonder if this is us accepting our doomed fate.