Chapter 11: A bottle, a letter, a hat, a picture

Audrey's POV

I sigh leaning agaisnt my close bedroom door. The journey back home seemed like a mile, with me carrying this sense of guilt of lying to Miss P. I know if she discovered that I have something that I didn't bought at the town, she may...never forgive me. I don't want to hurt my mother. I will not wait till she found out. I'll go and talk to her when the time chooses itself to be right.

I shift to my bed and stare at the brown bag. I rip it open. In it is a small tinted bottle around one span height. A small white tag was tied around the bottle.

Use it wisely
-Uncle M

I let out a scoff. I didn't know he still remember me. I thought he's busy helping father with all those "jobs". I don't need this dust anymore. I didn't hurt myself anymore and I won't. I put the bottle inside the drawer of my night stand. I ransack into the brown bag to find the item father gave me. A letter.

Audrey you can't hide forever. When we meet again I'll put you in a cage. A valuable little bird like you shouldn't be out from my sight. I'll take care of you. Maybe you'll have a lot of companions that'll share the same cage as yours especially her. Remember. The hunter will come for its prey.

-father

Holy shit! I knew he would be aftering me. No matter where am I, I would never be safe. He has his hencemen reporting for him. What would my ymbrynes and the children think if they found out about who am I? What would Miss P think of if she found this letter by accident? I need destroy it. I rush to the bathroom and turn on the tap to hot water.

Crumpling my drenching letter is my only choice; when it dries, It'll be hard to uncrumple it. Besides the ink will washed up if I'm lucky.

I come outside from the bathroom only finding Mr.Shadow with the brown bag on his head. He's shaking it voilently.

I let out a booming laugh.

'What the hell are you laughing about?! I know I look stupid now! Help me remove this shit!' He hissed in my head.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry." I walked to him and lift the brown bag and I let another booming laugh. Louder than before.

On Mr. Shadow's head is a little top hat that magician always wear. It suits him really well even though it's tiny.

SMACK!!

A black tiny palm is glued at my cheek. Wtf? I look at Mr. Shadow, but my attention were focused on his little, tiny, hat. And I start laughing again. And he smack my face even harder.

"Audrey! Stop your annoying witch laugh!"

I stopped. Wait. Is my Shadow really talking to me?

"Wait-"You can....talk?"

"Yes!"

"Okay....."

"Isn't my hat beautiful?"

"What?"

"Isn't my hat BoOtifUl?" This time he lean his head to my face. Close. Super close.