Chapter 13: "why would I give you away?"

A/N: This chapter includes attitude change, breakdown you may get confuse

Alma's POV

"Myron"

His name haunts me. After what Caul did to me, I know that Myron also couldn't be trusted. Why is he here? And how did he found my house?

"How are you sister?" Why would he called me sister? He ignored me everytime Caul abused me. He would stand at the back and watch me being tortured by Caul.

"I am not worthy to be called as your sister." My voice filled with venom. Then I remembered Audrey still by my side. Her face is still filled with fear and shock. "Audrey, you may go back to your room."

"Yes Miss. I'll tell the others not to bother you."

"Thank you so much Audrey." I smiled and watch her go to the kitchen.

"Well. Are we just going to stand here all day?" Myron's sarcasm broke me.

"No. Come on in." I give him a look when he passed me.

******

"What a beautiful home you have." Myron sat at his chair while enjoying the tea I made. "You didn't put any poison in this right?"

"Myron stop your sugar coating attitude and get straight to the point, or else the exit is waiting for you." I gestured my thumb to my door.

"There is no need to be cross Alma. Are you still mad at me? Its not me who tortured you its Jack."

'Jack' the name given to Caul by our parents when he was born. Yet. He changed it to 'Caul'. Me and Myron will never know why did he changed it to that.

"If you're here to bring up our old past, it's most likely better if you don't come at all." I get up from my seat angrily.

"Calm down Alma. I'm here to offer you a deal." He smiled.

"What deal?"

"Good. If you let me take Audrey back with me, considered that Abraham's grandson is safe from Jack." A deal? More like exchanging a soul for my own safety.

"I will not take your deal. Audrey is my responsibility now. Why would you think I want to give her to you? She's not a burden. As for young Mr. Portman, I assure you he is safe under my care"

"You-"

"I know that Audrey think of you as her beloved uncle but I will still not permit you to take her away from me, from her friends, from her real family."

"I- How do you know about that?"

"It's none of your concern Myron."

"Alma." He grit his teeth "Why do you hate me so much?"

"That also is none of your concern."

"Fine Alma. But you should know that Jack will never stop to get Audrey away from you. You know how much he despises anyone who took and kept his valuable treasure away from him."

"Audrey is a person not a doll nor a puppet where he can display it or break it." I fold my arms and glare at Myron. "If you love Audrey like a family you should fight Jack and provide the love she should get. Not cowering and fulfilling what he wishes like a dog having a leash around its neck!"