- 04.

Her head pounded.

It was unlike any other hangover she had before. It felt like the throbbing was directed at the intricate grooves of her brain and she grumbled, trying to twist over to a better angle when head forehead touched something cold.

Her eyes snapped open.

She couldn't see anything, not even a lick of light. Suddenly struck with her last moments before she was knocked out, Hyosung's breath caught in her throat and her body stiffened.

What did he do with her?

Lifting her hands up hesitantly, they were stopped by something hard a few inches above her face, rough felt brushed her fingertips and she gasped, quickly retracting her hand. At first, she thought he had locked her inside a casket, but then as her senses slowly came back, she felt subtle vibrations on her back along with the gentle hum of an engine.

Was she... in his trunk.

Hesitantly, she reached out again, feeling the wired fabric above her, confirming her assumptions and she felt a bubbling rage swell in her chest, mixing with the fear that never left from when she was last conscious. Letting out a deep exhale, she used her hands to try and find anything she could use as a weapon, but instead of finding something hard, her knuckles grazed across something soft and cold.

And wet.

Inhaling sharply, she reeled her hand back, feeling the liquid cover the tips of her fingers. And that was when she could suddenly smell what hung heavy in the air. Copper. Old pennies.

Blood.

"Oh my god," Her voice came out in a shaky whisper as her breathing lapsed and she pushed herself to the furthest point of the trunk. Clouded memories of the night before came flooding back to her as she recalled her Seokjin plunged his knife so effortlessly into another man's chest.

Her heart dropped.

Her hand was shaking and her body was stiff as she put her hand on what she felt before, this time she pushed down. She could feel, though he was cold, how his skin was still soft. She could feel the bloodied clothing that covered his torso.

He had locked her in the trunk with a dead man.

She felt her bottom lip wobble with the overwhelming emotions stirring inside her, but she kept them tightly pursed. She should have just stayed at that stupid party, she was going to miss her shift anyway. Squeezing her eyes shut as she felt them sting with unshed tears, she took a slow, deep breath, trying to calm herself before she was scared into a panic attack.

Which, to be fair, would have been a completely rational response when you wake up in the trunk of a moving car that belongs to a murderer and your only company was a newly made corpse.

For all she knew, these could have been her final moments, and she wasn't prepared to spend them crying helplessly. She needed to find a way out or at least a way to call for help.

Hyosung checked her pockets first, growling in frustration when she couldn't find her phone. Of course, he took it. Having nothing on her, she knew there was only one other possibility.

She cringed, swallowing the bile in her throat as she blindly patted at the body next to her, she felt his pockets. They were all empty aside from the inside jacket pocket. It had a small ring of keys in there. Pulling it out, she shuddered as her hand swept across the blood that still soaked his shirt and held the keys closer to herself.

They were all typical sized keys, apart from one. It was long and thick, like a key to a safe. It was something she could use as a weapon if need be. Wetting her lips, an idea came to her.

It was clear she wasn't getting out on her own. She needed someone to open it from the outside, and getting someone to know she was in there without notifying Seokjin would be nearly impossible. So, she tightened her grip on the safe key and gritted her teeth.

She wasn't about to go down without a fight.

Readjusting herself so her back was leaned against the body, she tried to ignore the sudden weight in her limbs, "I'm sorry," She mumbled to the corpse before reeling her legs up to her chest, hitting the top of the trunk as hard as she could. It made the vehicle rock slightly, but she didn't stop. She kept kicking, even when the balls of her feet ached from her lack of shoes. Hyosung started yelling as loud as she could, her own voice ringing in her ears.

It wasn't until her throat felt as though it had been torn to shreds and her lungs heaved that the car rolled to a stop. She kept screaming, even when she heard the car door open. Tightening her grip on the key, she waiting until the click of the trunk's lock resounded before she used her feet to kick it all the way open, hoping to catch him off guard.

It didn't.

He snatched her ankle in a vice-like grip, dragging her closer to him, "Do you know how hard it is to listen to Dolly Parton when there's⁠—" Seokjin never got to finish his complaint, because even though he expected her to lash out when he first opened the trunk, he didn't expect her to be armed. With all her strength, Hyosung, thrashed at his face with the key, metal dragging along flesh. Seokjin cried out, letting go of her momentarily as his hands when to the new, jagged wound on his cheek and Hyosung took her chance to leap into action.

SECOND CHOICE

A || run to the driver's seat ⁠— you may just be able to drive away before he catches you.

B || run ⁠— by the time he recovers you might be halfway down the road.

C || dart into the woods ⁠— you don't know the woods on the other side of the road, but it has plenty of hiding places...

no pressure or anything, but one of these choices (just one) can result in someone else's death ;)

this chapter is dedicated to @Sunny8019 for being so patient with me and my mental breakdowns, thank you for being such a great supporter bb.