- 05.

Eom Hyosung wasn't known for being wise... ever. She acted off impulse, and perhaps that was why she was always in trouble in school and had occasionally spent the night in a cell for being reckless. Now, in her past instances, it was never in a life or death situation. Not like now.

Maybe that was why she thought she could do it, or maybe it was because she had tried to outrun him before and it backfired.

She wasn't prepared to give him that victory again.

So as Seokjin cradled his new wound, Hyosung jumped from the boot, the sudden pressure to her bare feet sent an ache up her shins but she gritted her teeth and attempted to run for the driver's seat of the car. She managed to get in there, but just as she was about to close the door, Seokjin's hand shot out and grabbed the handle from the other side.

Hyosung shrieked, using all her might to try and close the door, but he was just too strong. Her grip began to slip and Seokjin sighed tiredly, "This game is tedious, you're not winning, so you may as well do what you do with everything and just give up."

"Fuck off!" She yelled back, her voice scratching from her constant screaming but she didn't relent, "Leave me alone!"

Seokjin stopped pulling on the door, but held it in place so she couldn't close it as he cocked his head to the side, a twisted smirk tugging at one side of his lips, "And why would I do that? You're exactly what I've been looking for, I'm not a fan of losing what I want."

Hyosung's chest tightened, like the breath she had been holding had been dragged back to her lungs. The way he looked at her... his eyes were so dark, and so, so cold. Like he lacked emotions. Well, after what she had witnessed and experienced in the past twelve hours, it wasn't really a stretch to believe he didn't actually have them.

"I don't have anything! Just let me go!"

Seokjin opened his mouth, ready to reply when the low rumble of an engine resounded from outside the car. Both parties paused, looking towards the noise as an old blue car rolled to a slow stop adjacent to them.

Unwinding the window, a woman who seemed to be in her early thirties squinted at the two, "Is... everything okay?"

Hyosung saw an opportunity and kicked the door open with little hesitation, knocking into Seokjin as she bolted from the car, abandoning her original plan, "Help! Please help! He's trying to kill me!" Out of desperation, she ran around to the passenger side, clambering into the seat as she stared wide-eyed at the other woman, "Please, you need to get out of here before--"

The woman sucked in a deep breath, her mouth falling ajar before she looked down at her chest. A large, crimson stain ate away at the white satin fabric of her shirt. A broken cough jutted in her throat, blood spitting from her lips. Jongmin shrieked, her head snapping to the backseat where Seokjin was sat, a bored expression on his face as he looked directly at her.

When did he get there? She didn't even see him move, much less get into the car.

"Look, Wednesday Adams, you might enjoy playing cat and mouse, but I prefer to play games with a little more... pazazz." He grunted as he twisted the knife that was dug deep into the woman's back, managing to sweetly smile at Hyosung in the process, "This, this right here, it's boring. I have a whole ass list of things I need to get done, and you're literally just giving me a migraine by thinking there's any way out of this for you."

"You... You just killed her!" Hyosung exclaimed, her breathing jagged.

Seokjin's expression remained deadpan as he retracted the knife from the woman's now limp body, "Not me. You. You killed her, Hyosunggie, had you stayed in the trunk like a good, obedient girl, we wouldn't be in this mess and she would still probably make it to her A-and-A meeting."

Words fizzle and burned on her tongue. She didn't even want to know how he knew her name, and asking him would only give him the satisfaction of knowing he was freaking her out. Pursing her lips, she felt herself tremble.

Seokjin grimaced as he wiped the blood of the woman on the back seat, turning his head slightly so he didn't have to see it as he groaned, "Disgusting." He mumbled before opening the door and getting out, opening up the driver's seat almost instantly. He took one look at the limp body slumped in the driver's seat and shivered, putting his sleeve over his mouth as he tugged her out of the car, her body landing with a thump on the floor.

Hyosung's stomach churned, but she was frozen in place, her fingernails digging into the fabric of the seat, too terrified to move. If she was watching this scene in a movie, this would be the time she would start yelling at the TV, calling the protagonist a dumb bitch for not running whilst she had the chance.

But... no matter how much she wanted to, she couldn't will her body to move.

Seokjin sighed, dusting his hands off before jumping in the driver's seat, "Good thing she stopped really, we were in need of a new car."

Twisting the keys, the car revved into life and Seokjin smiled triumphantly. Without warning, or hesitation, he leaned across Hyosung, making her flinch when his hands brushed across her shoulders as he reached for the seatbelt. He noticed her reaction and flashed a wider grin, his canines almost flashing at her, "Safety first."

Putting the car into gear, they began their journey back down the road, and Hyosung couldn't tear her eyes away from the rearview mirror, a bile rising in her throat when she caught sight of the body discarded in the middle of the road, the old car only a few feet away with the trunk open, exposing the corpse inside.

She looked over towards Seokjin hesitantly. It's funny how the absolute psychos tend to be good looking. His fluffy onyx hair flopped over his forehead, stopping halfway down his brows. It made him look innocent, though she had seen just how dangerous this man was.

He was killer.

And she didn't know if she was next.

well done guys, you picked the only route with a death in it. proud of you. had you picked to hide in woods instead... whilst you still would have been caught, you may have learnt a small amount about seokjin and what he is 👀

stay tuned home slices...