- 09.

"119, What's the emergency?"

The bated breath Hyosung had been clinging onto was released all at once when the voice resonated through the crackling speaker. Standing in the furthest corner of the bathroom, next to the shower, she curled her hand around the cellphone and her mouth, trying to eliminate as much sound as possible.

"I need help," Hyosung breathed shakily. Hearing those words out loud was sobering, sending an ice-cold shiver trickling down her spine. She tried to bury her fear to prioritize her survival, but now that she was alone and able to call for help, it dawned on her just how terrified she was as her eyes began to sting and her vision pooling, "I've been kidnapped, please help me."

"I'm sorry miss, are you able to speak up?" The operator asked, his voice gentle yet urgent, "What was your emergency?"

Swallowing thickly, Hyosung lifted her head towards the bathroom door, fingertips trembling as she raised her voice an octave, "I have been kidnapped and I don't know where I am," Scrunching her face, she pressed her lips together, willing for the tears to not fall, "Please help me."

"Where is the person right now, Miss?" He asked, still as soothing as before.

"I-I don't know, I think he's in the apartment somewhere," Her voice broke towards the end, "I'm in the bathroom right now, the door is locked, but it won't stop him. He's a killer."

"You've seen him commit a murder?" The gentle tone had been replaced with a stark panic, like the operator had never had to deal with such an indicative crime, "Miss, I'm sending a car to your location now, try to stay with me until they get there, okay?"

As though he knew what was happening, a resounding knock came from the other side of the door and Hyosung froze with a small gulp. It was silent for what felt like an eternity. With every dragging second, her breaths became more shallow and her heart echoed throughout her entire being.

Oh my god, he knows.

"I've uh... left some clean clothes outside for you."

As if all at once, Hyosung felt her legs buckle from beneath her with relief, a exhaling everything she had been holding onto, "Okay!" She yelled back, trying to keep her utmost to keep her voice even. Closing her eyes, she swallowed the cottonball-like bile wedged in her throat and closed her eyes. This was too risky.

"Miss? Are you still there? What's happening?"

"I'm still here," Hyosung whispered, "But I can't stay on the phone. He'll find out and then I really am dead. Can you track this cell?"

"Uh," She heard a few rapid clacks come from the operator's side, "Yes, I can track your location, but I really do recommend staying on the phone to me. It might take a while for them to find your exact location, and I want to make sure you're safe."

"I can't, I can't, I'm already wasting time," Unsteadily, Hyosung stood back up, lips parted, "Please just make sure you track this phone, I can focus on staying alive." Knowing he would argue for her to not hang up as part of his job, Hyosung ended the call before he could say anything else and pressed her palms into her eyes.

She needed to focus on anything other than her impending doom. Opening her eyes, she looked back at the shower. If she came out dry and still in her costume, Seokjin would definitely be suspicious. Reluctantly, she peeled her clothes off her, grimacing at the smears of dark brown, dried blood on her skin from where it had seeped past her clothes. Stepping under the water brought her the first incling of solace she had felt since the night before. The water hit her skin in smooth, hot waves, trailing down her body. She kept her eyes shut, not daring to see what color the water was when it hit her feet and instead she tilted her head back, relishing in the feeling of the shower run through her scalp.