- 08.

all i'm gonna say is... you're all simps.

Hyosung stared at him for an elongated pause, carefully weighing out the options before her. As much as she'd love to beat him within an inch of his life for what he had put her through, it wasn't only unrealistic, but it was also risky. He may have been at a disadvantage, but so was she.

Sighing at the defeat, she knew her best bet was the cellphone.

"Whatever," She shook her head, her shoulders slumping as she allowed Seokjin to pull her along the path towards the building. Sure, she felt like a pig on a conveyer belt to a slaughterhouse, but she wasn't ready to be carved into pork loins just yet.

Noticing her sudden submission to him, his eyes narrowed suspiciously. This girl had been nothing but a pain in his ass, and even he had to admit it was well within reason, the entire time they had been together. His tone came out low and even, uncertain, "What are you plotting?"

Hyosung pursed her lips before irritably lifting their conjoined wrists with distaste, "Do I really look like I'm in any position to be plotting anything?"

He didn't look like he believed her, not with the look of scrutiny she was receiving. Her nerves jittered in her limbs, and she felt a thin sheen of sweat clam up her palms, was this where she lost her one chance of getting help? In the midst of her internal panic, however, Seokjin's dull eyes moved past her with mild disinterest as he kept walking.

Silently, Seokjin punched in the code to the bottom of the condo. A cheerful beep emitted from the speaker and with his free hand, he opened the door, holding it open long enough for Hyosung to trudge through. Despite the weathered and deteriorating exterior, the inside was fairly clean, the smell of bleach with a soft citrus scent of lemon hung in the air. The walls were a breezy light blue, void of any defacing graffiti.

"Caim," A voice broke the silence, echoing throughout the stairwell. Both parties looked up to see man leaning against the railguard, his elbows propped up as he looked down at them with a smug expression, "You're late."

Caim? Hyosung furrowed her brows.

Seokjin merely sighed, his exasperation coming off in waves, "Caim isn't home right now, can I take a message?" He sounded robotic, and absolutely done with life as he looked up at the stranger with little to no interest.

The man's eyebrows peaked, a knowing look flashing in his eyes, "Huh. He's trained you well, hasn't he, Kim Seokjin?" The man snickered, hazel eyes crinkling, as he began a sauntered descend down the stairwell to where Hyosung and Seokjin stood. As if only just noticing the woman literally attached to Seokjin, the man quirked a dark brow, "Who is this?"

Seokjin briefly glanced down at Hyosung before looking back up, his facade unwavering, "What is it you want to tell Caim, Oh Jusuk? You know he's listening."

Jusuk paused, faltering for a moment before an easy smirk slid onto his lips, clasping his hands behind his back as he stood at the foot of the stairs. Just from the way he held himself and from his facial expression alone, he gave off an aura of superiority and cockiness, Hyosung noted. She saw a similar look on Seokjin's face when she first had the displeasure of meeting him.

And as some kind of poetic injustice, he also happened to be visually pleasing. Strong dark brows, sharp jawline, his skin bore a honey glow and his hair parted and styled like he was some kind of idol. He wore a crisp white button up with the sleeves rolled midway up his forearms and ash grey suit pants hugged his thighs in a way that definitely shouldn't be socially acceptable. He was beautiful. And it was definitely not the sort of thing you should be thinking when your life currently hangs in balance of ethereal males.