- 06.

"Hey, wake up, you're drooling on the window."

Hyosung jolted awake with a shriek, her eyes wide as she pressed herself against the door of the car. Her breathing was heavy and it took her a while for the memories to come flooding back, but as soon as they did, her heart pounded in her chest and she mentally cursed herself for falling asleep.

But then her stomach churned, and it all suddenly made sense. 

"Pull over," She managed as she felt the bile build up in her throat. 

"What?" Seokjin narrowed his eyes with a frown as he switched his gaze from Hyosung to the road.

"Unless you want chunks of chewed pork all over the god damn dashboard, pull over!" 

Seokjin's expression shifted into alert at the urgency in her tone and quickly he pulled over. Before the car came to a full stop, Hyosung fumbled out on shaky legs just as her stomach heaved. Falling onto her hands and knees, she coughed before retching again, feeling the only contents in her stomach rise up her throat before spilling onto the grass. She shuddered, pushing herself back from her vomit and wiping her mouth with her sleeve. 

"Are you... okay?" Hearing how uncertain he sounded, Hyosung turned her head enough to see Seokjin looking at her with a deep frown. 

"Are you kidding me?" She retorted, her tone still shaky, "Not only have I been threatened, kidnapped and shoved in a trunk with a dead body, I also have no motion sickness pills to stop me from projectile vomiting my insides all over mother nature," Every word was laced with venom, "So yeah, I'm doing just great."

Seokjin sighed begrudgingly, rolling his eyes as he walked towards her, offering her a hand, "We need to go."

She looked up at his outstretched arm before glaring at him, stumbling to stand back up without his aid, "If you think I'm going to fall for your Stockholm Syndrome bullshit,  you've got another thing coming. Suddenly acting like a semi-nice guy isn't going to cover up the fact you're a fucking psychopath."

Seokjin's eyes darken and he opens his mouth as though he's about to contend with her, but instead clenched his jaw tightly, "Can you just get back in the car? Next time, I won't be asking."

Hyosung bit her tongue. There was nothing she could do. She had no idea where they were, there was nothing but the countryside surrounding the winding, narrow road. What was she supposed to do? She couldn't outrun him, there was no one to go to for help-- though that proved as useful as running away-- and there was nowhere for her to hide.

Reluctantly, she got back into the passenger seat, her jaw squared and her knees tucked up to her chest in a lame attempt to help her unsettled stomach. Seemingly satisfied, Seokjin rounded the car and got back into the driver's seat, resuming their journey once more.

The car was filled with nothing but a cold, icy silence, and Hyosung couldn't help but slyly glance at the man beside her cautiously. There was something... off about him. Sure, there must have been a whole lot off with him since he's killed at least three people and is more than happy with abducting who he pleases, but there was something else. The version of him that she woke up beside felt different

Her stomach twisted and she couldn't swallow back the groan, tightening her arms around her middle as she grimaced. Seokjin glanced at her but didn't comment.

She didn't know how much time had passed, too focused on making sure she didn't throw up again, but when she looked out the window, the uniformed rows of tall fir trees had thinned out, replaced with grey slate houses instead. Seeing how close civilization was to her, she sat up, her eyes widening.