- 07.

To be honest, he should have expected it. 

Once Seokjin had parked in the depths of a multistoried parking lot that he knew the cameras didn't work in, he paused for a moment, wondering if he should have just left her locked in the trunk, where she couldn't escape and couldn't cause him any trouble, but after a long internal debate, he sighed and unlocked the trunk.

Only to receive a swift kick to the nuts.

"Stop locking me in the fucking trunk, you sicko!" She seethed, her face red from her relentless screaming for help. She momentarily paused as Seokjin fell to the floor, cradling his balls whilst seething in pain, eyes scrunched tightly and shoulders hunched. 

He was definitely more prepared last time she attacked from the trunk. In fact, he caught her foot before she could even land a devastating blow. With an uneasy look, she watched the man writhing on the floor, compared with how he had been acting recently and wondered if this was even the man who chloroformed her outside her apartment. 

As soon as it occurred to her that she could be running rather than thinking, Seokjin began to recover, standing shakily back to his feet as he glared at her, "Shit, you're horrible," He grimaced.

"Me?" She scoffed incredulously, "You literally have stuffed me in a trunk twice, once with a dead guy-- that you murdered by the way, and kidnapped me, but I'm the horrible one?" 

Straightening out to his full height again, he looked down at her, "I wouldn't have had to put you in there if you just listened to me," He genuinely sounded burnt out, like all his energy had been snuffed. Hyosung could have sworn the man before her right now was not the same one who drove a knife into an innocent woman's back. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry that I didn't want to comply to the orders of a murderous, deranged psychopath, do forgive me," She snapped, her fists clenching and unclenching at her sides as her nerves began to jitter at just how close he was stood to her. 

"I'm not a murderer," His voice was eerily calm. but his expression was tense, eyes narrowed slightly and brows drawn low. 

"You're not?" She cocked her head, etching backwards in small steps to keep a distance between them, "I'm sure that man, woman and cashier would beg to differ. Oh wait, they can't because you killed them."

"I didn't kill that kid," He retorted without missing a beat, voice low, "I just knocked him out."

"Then what about the other two? Because I saw you murder both of them in cold bloo--"

"That wasn't me!" Seokjin yelled, his brows knitting together as he stared at her, his gaze unwavering, "I didn't do that, I didn't kill them."

"Then... who was it?" She was dubious to believe him, but he looked earnest. And with how different he had been acting, he felt like a different person, but she knew what she saw. It was his lips that curved into a crescent moon when he stabbed that man.

It was him. And yet... she didn't entirely disbelieve him.

Seokjin opened his mouth to reply, but decided against elaborating and instead shook his head, taking a preportionate step backwards, averting his gaze, "Believe what you want to believe," He sighed before leaning in again.

His face was inches from hers and she tensed, clenching her jaw and squeezing her eyes shut, expecting him to strangle her or worse, but when she felt nothing, she opened her eyes at the sound of the trunk closing. 

In her defense, she had every right to be paranoid. 

Wordlessly, he rounded the car and opened the back door, pulling out a transparent plastic bag full of clothes, "Put these on." He threw the bag towards her and instead of catching it, she instinctively batted it away the second it came too close. Seokjin raised a brow at her as she stood there for a second before picking it back up. Curiously, she looked inside to see it was just a long coat and a cap.